Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season

5 posters

Go down

Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season Empty Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season

Post by MJGoGaels Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:55 pm

I thought you would enjoy this scoop.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/game-burton-games-2240411-wake-year

2009 Classic: The eight-team field for next year's 76 Classic hasn't been announced yet by ESPN, but UCLA has accepted an invitation to represent the Pac-10, along with Long Beach State from the Big West and Portland from the West Coast Conference.

The other five teams in the event's third year will be Texas A&M (Big 12), Minnesota (Big Ten), Clemson (ACC), West Virginia (Big East) and Butler (Horizon).

Wish us some Gaelic luck this week.
MJGoGaels
MJGoGaels
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season Empty Re: Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season

Post by Guest Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:08 pm

Good luck. Tough field, but UTEP is a good early draw.

Back to top Go down

Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season Empty Re: Portland to Play in 76 Anaheim Classic Next Season

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:41 am

That may be a good step in the right direction for the Pilots as they progressively improve their game. By then the bulk of the team will be Juniors & Seniors needing a tournament setting atmosphere if their going to accomplish what should be done next year.Joel Sobodaka is doing his job scheduling,although I still think he should schedule a scrimmage with another team next year along with exhibition.

I LOVED the Fresno State Tourney last year. Plus old Mesa may be able to drive to Anaheim,(Even without a GPS).If not, hopefully the games will once again be broadcast on ESPN!!!

A sidelight pertaining to Fresno State. My Play of Year so far was that freshman from Fresno State "Posterising" Kramers H.S. teamate Mickey McConnell of the Gaels on that dunk. Did you see that on Sportscenter highlights Stonehouse,others? Oh poor Mickey, even Jerryd Bayless(Blazer's) didn't do that to him when they played each other in H.S. Embarassed . I bet Mickey got a text message from Portland after that game. lol!

MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:09 am

Thanks for looking out, MJ! Definitely cool to be in a tournament like that. And good luck to the Gaels... would be great to see you guys pick up some good Ws.

As for that dunk Mesa... that was AMAZING:

There is a WCC connection there too... Paul George originally committed to Santa Clara, then switched and signed his LOI to Pepperdine, and then after Walberg left he ended up at Fresno State.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:10 am

After watching it again... the best part is poor Micky trying to get up the first time and stumbling. Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 27, 2008 9:54 am

That is a tough field. I guess UCLA will be losing Josh Shipp and their point guard to the draft most likely. I hope we get a favorable draw. In any case, it's a great experience. Gonzaga's in the Old Spice tourney, and we need to get involved in one too to move up and gain some respect...

GO PILOTS!
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:10 am

I would love to see us get matched up against Butler...two mid-major teams on the rise. bounce
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:46 pm

and the official announcement--

http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2008/11/27/MBB_1127085057.aspx
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down