Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UCLA

+3
ShipstadPilot11
Stonehouse
shallwemaui
7 posters

Go down

UCLA Empty UCLA

Post by shallwemaui Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:17 am

http://www.cuieagles.com/article/633.php
UCLA barely beat their NAIA opponent last night. A good year to play them on a neutral court??

shallwemaui
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-11-03

Back to top Go down

UCLA Empty Re: UCLA

Post by Stonehouse Fri Nov 06, 2009 5:33 pm

Welcome Shallwemaui!

Meant to bump this earlier today... seriously, UCLA beat Concordia (not the same Concordia we played) 62-61.

Now I know you can't take too much from this stuff, but still... when we lost to Western Oregon, we didn't have a great season. UCLA does have talent, but they definitely are a team that we will have a very good chance to beat.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:48 pm

The nice thing about UCLA is that we are playing them early and (potentially) before they start clicking as a team.

That is my only concern about Gonzaga is that we play them after they've been QUITE tested with their non-conference schedule and after their raw talent has had a chance to blend into a more cohesive unit!

I'm excited for this UCLA game though; I wish I could be home to watch it. It bodes well for us that they are barely winning these games although we don't want them to be an easy team. Ideally, we want them to win every game except vs. UP this year...).
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

UCLA Empty Anaheim is not a neutral floor

Post by MJGoGaels Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:55 pm

Hey, Pilots pulling for you but Anaheim is about 40 miles south of the UCLA campus and with one of the largest alumni associations and larger independent fan bases, it will be a home game for the Bruins and with football falling fast, again, Bruin fans will be looking for this game. Their fans travel well. All that said, new and different rims, court and surroundings that will be helpful to the UP cause.

I hope to be in attendence as this is in my back yard.
MJGoGaels
MJGoGaels
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2007-05-10

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:02 pm

MJGoGaels wrote:Hey, Pilots pulling for you but Anaheim is about 40 miles south of the UCLA campus and with one of the largest alumni associations and larger independent fan bases, it will be a home game for the Bruins and with football falling fast, again, Bruin fans will be looking for this game. Their fans travel well. All that said, new and different rims, court and surroundings that will be helpful to the UP cause.

I hope to be in attendence as this is in my back yard.

I hope you will be cheering for a fellow WCC team. Afterall, every out of conference win by the Pilots is good for St. Mary's (even though we're gonna sweep you next year...burn!)
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:29 pm

MJGoGaels wrote:I hope to be in attendence as this is in my back yard.

Need to borrow a purple shirt? Very Happy

Agreed, this will certainly not be a neutral crowd. But much better than playing at Pauley...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:17 pm

A certain #45 family' will be celebrating Thanksgiving in Anahaim. Pilot Nut 2 if not 3 of the illustrious hard drinking (check those id's) #45 fan club will be attendance. The main instigator will be flying in from Chicago,Kramers brother, was asking me if Pepperdine's Hornbuckle had a fifth year of eligibility because he had too much fun heckling back and forth with him at the tourney in Vegas last spring. Regardless, I'm sitting this one out to work and enjoy the Plasma screen at center court,(and skip the 8 hr drive, DollyWood Californiaa nutjob drivers{MjGaels excluded of course}. Pasadena is a beautiful town if you get to take in the sites N of Anaheim. I lived and worked there in the mid 80's,LUVED the weather Very Happy ...best in the world next to Hawaii Cool

Mesa the Pilot1.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down