Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 recruit

3 posters

Go down

2019 recruit Empty 2019 recruit

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:28 pm

from the Durango Herald:

Aidan Fitzgerald, University of Portland

Fitzgerald made waves last fall when he shattered a 31-year-old school record in the 5-kilometer distance with a time of 15 minutes, 5.31 seconds at the Desert Twilight XC Festival in Arizona. The University of Portland, one of the nation’s most storied programs, noticed. Fitzgerald chose Portland over a host of other famed running programs, including the University of Colorado at Boulder, Colorado State University, Portland State University, Chico State University, the University of Wyoming and the University of Washington.

“The history of Portland, and really all of Oregon for distance running, is special, and it was one of the reasons I checked it out was because of the history surrounding the program,” Fitzgerald said. “The value that the community and the city of Portland put on running is hard to top. The coaches and team were great, and I knew it was the place for me.”
In the last two seasons, the Pilots have been close to winning the NCAA Division I national championship after they finished second in 2017 and third last fall. Fitzgerald, son of Mike and Shari, is undecided on his major but is considering studying environmental science, ethics or possibly law.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11810
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

2019 recruit Empty Re: 2019 recruit

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:14 pm

A degree in ethics? Lock him up! Yahoo!
UPSoccerFanatic