Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm

+6
blacksheep
Geezaldinho
NoPoNeighbor
DoubleDipper
ShipstadPilot11
PilotNut
10 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm

Post by NoPoNeighbor Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:59 pm

VillaGorilla wrote: Thielke has been a revelation this year. Really geared up to see his continued development. Nice to see someone bring attitude to the court.
Amen! We've needed some attitude for the last couple of seasons. Thieleke is constantly clapping and talking and getting the team fired up. It's a joy to watch him play because he is obvioulsy having a great time out there! AND taking it deadly seriously at the same time!

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm - Page 3 Empty Re: Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Some will of course disagree,
Who are you talking about? Rolling Eyes

I understand that the Newfoundlands, er Pioneers, shot well, but some of that has to be on the Pilots losing defensive position by switching poorly on the screens. Too many wide open shots were allowed. With the decided Pilot length advantage, I felt the Explorers, er Pioneers, should not have been able to get so many open looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:10 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:Doesn't look simultaneous to me, but Rev didn't even talk to the ref in the timeout before the ft's.

I kind of got the feeling Rev was OK with the refs not calling a lot of stuff, and having his players deal with a little more adversity in a game with a D-3 opponent.

I'm just glad it wasn't close enough for a last second three to cost us the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Link to Box Score

3-point shooting was obviously the difference... Our 16-20 FT shooting was the counter-balance. I was disappointed in the rebounding numbers, we only out-rebounded them by 2.

We do really miss Dorian... John Bailey continues to struggle. Good to see Rodgers putting together some offense!

Last edited by PilotNut on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:19 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:
VillaGorilla wrote: Thielke has been a revelation this year. Really geared up to see his continued development. Nice to see someone bring attitude to the court.
Amen! We've needed some attitude for the last couple of seasons. Thieleke is constantly clapping and talking and getting the team fired up. It's a joy to watch him play because he is obviously having a great time out there! AND taking it deadly seriously at the same time!
Korey has always been the talker on the (practice) court; always jawing with his teammates and opponents, but now he's got even more confidence and is developing as a leader too.

Coach Reveno gave Korey an ultimatum this summer, and challenged him to be a BASKETBALL player, not just a terrific athlete and sprinter who also plays basketball. He may yet develop into a scorer, but his energy alone is worth at least 10 per game. Smile

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:25 pm

up7587 wrote:
PurpleGeezer wrote:Doesn't look simultaneous to me, but Rev didn't even talk to the ref in the timeout before the ft's.

I kind of got the feeling Rev was OK with the refs not calling a lot of stuff, and having his players deal with a little more adversity in a game with a D-3 opponent.

I'm just glad it wasn't close enough for a last second three to cost us the game.
Agreed! Believe me, if this had been a D-1 game, you'd have seen Rev pull even more of his hair out.

I think most of us were quiet because of the disbelief in the call.....but it appeared obvious the foul was committed, and then the shot was attempted....there is just no way it was simultaneous.

Perhaps we have resident elves who can post the video so we can be proven wrong (once again) and the ref is vindicated (once again). tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey, the win over L&C moved the Pilots up one spot from #224 to #223 with KenPom. (Sagarin does not factor in non D-1 opponents).
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:59 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Hey, the win over L&C moved the Pilots up one spot from #224 to #223 with KenPom. (Sagarin does not factor in non D-1 opponents).

I don't think Pomeroy factors in non-D1 opponents either...I actually looked into this a few minutes before you posted this and I think we moved up because Pomeroy REALLY didn't like Wake Forest's home loss to Nebraska tonight.

I can't remember, but one of the UC- teams lost to Alaska Anchorage or something like that last week and didn't drop in the rankings at all.

edit: Alaska-Anchorage actually beat UC Riverside AND Loyola Marymount over the weekend - Riverside and LMU both stayed where they were in the rankings.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:10 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:Hey, the win over L&C moved the Pilots up one spot from #224 to #223 with KenPom. (Sagarin does not factor in non D-1 opponents).

I don't think Pomeroy factors in non-D1 opponents either...
Agreed. My post was meant to be tongue-in-cheek sarcasm....but sometimes I only crack myself up. tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:14 am

I would have gotten the tongue-in-cheek if you hadn't added the part about Sagarin!

We cool? All right then Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:24 am

up7587 wrote:I understand that the Newfoundlands, er Pioneers, shot well, but some of that has to be on the Pilots losing defensive position by switching poorly on the screens. Too many wide open shots were allowed. With the decided Pilot length advantage, I felt the Explorers, er Pioneers, should not have been able to get so many open looks.
I will need to go back and watch some of the video again, but many of their 3's did seem pretty much open... we are going to need to do a better job of defending those going forward. 7 L&C players made 3's tonight, so it wasn't just one player getting hot; we did not appear able to stop their barrage of 3's, and we knew going in they would do that.

Saturday's game @ WSU will be a good reality check for us. A win would be huge, but we are going to have to play MUCH better than we did tonight... and play for a full 40 minutes. Is anyone making the drive up the Gorge to Pullman?

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:46 am

PilotNut wrote:Is anyone making the drive up the Gorge to Pullman?
Or, is anyone planning to watch the game at a bar somewhere on Saturday evening? Any ideas for those of us that don't get Pac12 Network at home?

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am

For any of you "junkies" who want to scout WSU, and who get the Pac-12 Network, set your DVR for 4 AM Thursday morning for a replay of tonight's Idaho @ WSU game.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

up7587 wrote:Oh yeah. I'd also like to know why their name is Pioneers, but their logo is a labrador retriever.
Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm - Page 3 Pionee10
I don't recall reading about a lot of labs on the Oregon Trail.
Ha-ha; I was just talking to my neighbor who attended Lewis and Clark just as WWII was ending.....he said that at that time (1945) Lewis and Clark were call the Pirates (not to be confused with Canarius' Portland Pirates).

In that case, it would seem this would be an appropriate mascot (check out the right hook):
Lewis & Clark @ Chiles Center, Tuesday 11/27, 7:00pm - Page 3 Pirate10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3