Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The big one: #24 SMC @ Portland, Saturday 4pm

+17
Rochin54
MJGoGaels
dholcombe
Geezaldinho
pilot_fan
mattywizz
Rob's Jacket
oldtimer
Woodless!
MesaPilot1
onetouchfutbol
blacksheep
IBleedPurple&White
jake
PilotDrummer
DaTruRochin
PilotNut
21 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

The big one: #24 SMC @ Portland, Saturday 4pm - Page 4 Empty Re: The big one: #24 SMC @ Portland, Saturday 4pm

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:41 am

Lets hope we don't have to write him back after Thursday in commiseration concerning the concept of hangover game.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

The big one: #24 SMC @ Portland, Saturday 4pm - Page 4 Empty Re: The big one: #24 SMC @ Portland, Saturday 4pm

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:51 am

Purplegeezer wrote:Lets hope we don't have to write him back after Thursday in commiseration concerning the concept of hangover game.

If nobody respects us, it's pretty tough to have "hangover games". We haven't been ranked like SMC has...and we haven't beat Gonzaga at home or on the road in an eternity. In addition, no one in the media seems to remember that we've done well against SMC even when they have a top 25 ranking (beating them twice when they were ranked).

Our team has everything to gain and very little to lose in the next one. We're continuing to add quality wins to the schedule, and if we don't beat GU in our next matchup, it's only a matter of time. I guarantee we'll do better once Kevin Bailey and Dorian Cason are on the roster.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:04 am

onetouchfutbol wrote:...We haven't been ranked like SMC has...

Not true - we were ranked #25 last year after our performance in Anaheim (beating UCLA, etc). We lost that ranking after dropping the game to PSU at home.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:11 am

PilotDrummer wrote:
onetouchfutbol wrote:...We haven't been ranked like SMC has...

Not true - we were ranked #25 last year after our performance in Anaheim (beating UCLA, etc). We lost that ranking after dropping the game to PSU at home.

I was talking about this year. This year we haven't been ranked or really as respected by the media, so, if we lose to Gonzaga it's not going to be a 'hangover game' (a letdown from the win over SMC) in my opinion. It can't be a hangover if the majority of the country expects GU to beat us.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 am

We really need to employ a designated sarcasm font color don't we.... geek
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:13 am

DaTruRochin wrote:We really need to employ a designated sarcasm font color don't we.... geek

Borrowing an idea from a Division III message board I also frequent, I'd suggest using sarcasm brackets. Example:

MesaPilot1 is too mean to Adam Morrison and should stop posting.[/sarcasm]

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4