Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

+9
KFTC
mattywizz
Dons Central
Rob's Jacket
pilotram
PilotNut
MesaPilot1
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags - Page 2 Empty Re: An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:02 pm

YES! Mesa/Monster is a hero among us!!! Smile
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags - Page 2 Empty Re: An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:07 pm

He truly the defender of all that is good against evil forces (haha and bad PG play...) Hopefully he doesn't get sued...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:22 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:Stonehouse, now that Angelo posts on our board, maybe we should form our own elite moderator board separate from Pilot Nation where we lambast other Pilot/WCC fans and PN posters, only to be discovered by Dons Central and have our degrading, immature thoughts posted on that board for all to see. Then we can threaten to sue Dons Central and make them put a written apology up on his board for a few weeks.

But then again, that sounds like a lot of work. I don't have time for that kind of trite, boorish behavior... I would be surprised if anyone did...
We could just go back to OLive... Laughing

And I nominate Mesa for PilotNation HOF for his anti-GU rejoinders. Each one is the finely honed culmination of the efforts of a master craftsman.

Wouldn't Mesa have to retire before we could vote him into the HOF? Shocked

As for SciFi's question, I think the Raivios solved that problem by having a second child go to UP. cheers In all seriousness, I think I'd probably cheer for my kid. Of course, the way my parents raised me, by the time the first Gonzaga mail arrived junior year of high school, I didn't hesitate before throwing it out.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 874
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:36 pm

No worry's when the Boxing referee (Mill's Lane-Tyson ear biting bout) was the D.A. in Washoe County , Nevada I managed to stay solvent and out of jail. Oh the 80's,big hair,and many other things I would like to forget about after college during my time in Reno.

Beside's I fly so low under the radar, I don't register on Google like the PN site Laughing .

I've got dib's on my secret name: AdamCries,if that's taken then MarkPew.

afro BoneCrusherPilot1 aka MonsterPilot1 aka MesaPilot1

@Like Mill's used to say "Bring it on!!!" You Can Not Stop Us! We are the U of P! Goal Celebration!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 2:14 pm

I'm kind of curious on how Dons Central got dragged into this too, but I'm all in favor of the secret board.

Can I call dibs on Dickouch?

Last edited by Rob's Jacket on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:16 pm

1. You root for your kid. Always.
2. You always root for your alma mater. Except when 1. applies.
3. You are allowed to root for another school only when your school doesn't compete in that sport, e.g. UP alum can pick a favorite football team to root for. But you can't root for any other sports team from said football school if UP also competes. Ideally this other school would be chosen because of familial reasons; parent or grandparent attended, etc. It is not appropriate to select this other school just because they are the current high profile winner. That is just being a bandwagon jumper; not cool.
4. When schools do not compete at same level, e.g. different divisions, you can root for both schools, as it is not a direct conflict.
5. You can root for a school you didn't attend, if you work for that school. If you have to. But don't wear too much of their gear.
6. If, as a kid, you selected a school to root for, you should stay true to that allegiance. You should never give up and root for someone else. Winning and losing have nothing to do with it, a fan must remain a fan.

Last edited by up7587 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 pm

Couldn't have said it better.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:09 pm

up7587 wrote:1. You root for your kid. Always.
2. You always root for your alma mater. Except when 1. applies.
3. You are allowed to root for another school only when your school doesn't compete in that sport, e.g. UP alum can pick a favorite football team to root for. But you can't root for any other sports team from said football school if UP also competes. Ideally this other school would be chosen because of familial reasons; parent or grandparent attended, etc. It is not appropriate to select this other school just because they are the current high profile winner. That is just being a bandwagon jumper; not cool.
4. When schools do not compete at same level, e.g. different divisions, you can root for both schools, as it is not a direct conflict.
5. You can root for a school you didn't attend, if you work for that school. If you have to. But don't wear too much of their gear.
6. If, as a kid, you selected a school to root for, you should stay true to that allegiance. You should never give up and root for someone else. Winning and losing have nothing to do with it, a fan must remain a fan.

Been nice knowing you guys. After 15 years of rooting for UP, I find I'm not eligible. Anybody want to buy a nice new UP hat and a UP cowbell?
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:34 pm

Rules are made to be broken. Or added to.

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:56 pm

Sigh. Did anyone else watch the game on ESPN2 and hear the people yelling "airball" when our guys missed a shot? I mean, that is annoying as BLEEP. Some of our fans need a serious attitude adjustment.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm

It was the GU fans in attendance that were yelling that...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:01 pm

Pretty tacky, student's are one thing. Adult fan's are something else. It's called low-brow adult behavior. But what would one expect, consider the source.

I loved Robin's grimace going back up the court as another Pilot was laughing at/with him.I would love to hear what Rev say's to the team when he show's them that free throw. Razz Razz Razz . One thing you don't see very often from the Robot's in the NBA, that are worried about what club their going to later. Or which piece of "ice" their going to buy next.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm

athleticjames wrote:Sigh. Did anyone else watch the game on ESPN2 and hear the people yelling "airball" when our guys missed a shot? I mean, that is annoying as BLEEP. Some of our fans need a serious attitude adjustment.

That was definitely the traveling Kennel Club. They're EVERYWHERE at UP/Gonzaga games.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:56 pm

One positive: they tried toward the end, but could not really get any chants going. cheers

We need to take little victories like that and build on them.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:09 am

When is it appropriate to cut ND and tOSU jerseys in half and then sew them together and wear it at a football game?
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:41 am

That's easy-

If you have a kid who plays for each team.

We had a parent who would show up for games with a jersey that was half UP and half USF when those teams played each other.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sat Feb 07, 2009 4:05 pm

Or if you are the sister of the quarterback of one team and dating the middle linebacker of the other and are smokin' hot. But other than that, never.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:14 am

Purplegeezer wrote:That's easy-

If you have a kid who plays for each team.

We had a parent who would show up for games with a jersey that was half UP and half USF when those teams played each other.

Poor kid. I hate to see kids brought up in broken families.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:51 pm

Speaking of broken... Looks like the thread referred to earlier on the GU boards was deleted.... So sad....
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Feb 19, 2009 2:09 pm

I wasn't sure where to post this blog entry, but it seems as good as any...

http://blogderudyfernandez.blogspot.com/2009/01/ropa-caballo.html

Global distaste for Adam Morrison, you gotta love it!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:03 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:I wasn't sure where to post this blog entry, but it seems as good as any...

http://blogderudyfernandez.blogspot.com/2009/01/ropa-caballo.html

Global distaste for Adam Morrison, you gotta love it!!

I really, really love Rudy Fernandez now.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:59 pm

It is okay to cry, if you look that good.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Except his blog is a parody. The actual author is a humor writer. But I love the guy who wrote it.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:13 pm

I take it as truth, it makes the mundane much easier to get through...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2