Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For the other La Salle alums out there . . .

+2
Stonehouse
Rob's Jacket
6 posters

Go down

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . Empty For the other La Salle alums out there . . .

Post by Rob's Jacket Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:37 pm

Stoney, Rochin, this is for you -

In case you hadn't heard, our alma mater's football team is currently unbeaten, averaging 35 points a game, and ranked third in state. No, that's not a joke. This Thursday night, the La Salle Falcons are playing archrival Gladstone, ranked sixth in state, in a game that will probably determine the league championship. I won't be able to make it (stupid college/tests), but since I remember my good old days as LSFalconer, I just thought I should pass it along.

In other news, even though it's a home game, the Falcons won't be playing at home. Apparently the old wooden bleachers have been condemned by the county, so La Salle's home games are now at the old Clackamas High School. Rotten, in more ways than one . . .

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . Empty Re: For the other La Salle alums out there . . .

Post by Stonehouse Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:08 am

Got to add Houle4Three/MattyWizz in on this too...

I know! I still haven't made it out to a game, which is sad. I was going to go to the Homecoming game a few weeks ago but spaced it.

I'm still not crazy about the six divisions for HS sports, but hey - it's pretty awesome to finally have a good football team!

Anyway, they are playing now at Alder Creek Middle School:

13801 Se Webster Rd
Milwaukie, OR 97267-1904

Hopefully this will force them to FINALLY build some new bleachers. Poor Emmert Field!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . Empty Re: For the other La Salle alums out there . . .

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:29 pm

My senior year, we were finally starting to turn the corner and were tied for the last playoff spot in the Tri-Valley with one game left to play - at home against Madras (with whom we were tied). But the field got ripped apart by a CYO tournament the previous weekend so at the last minute (I mean Wednesday) the game was moved to PGE Park. Not really a bad thing, but I definitely think it hurt turnout for the game. From what I've heard, the current goal is to get covered bleachers and a turf field.

Initially, I wasn't a fan of the six class system either, but you've got to understand: the last few years, it was really, really bad. Not just football, La Salle was even getting hammered in sports we were traditionally good at, like men's/women's basketball, and baseball. The only real sport we were consistently good at was men's soccer. The women didn't even make the playoffs my senior year. Personally, I think reclassification has done wonders to re-energize sports in the smaller schools, and to that end, it's been successful.

I haven't made it to a game this year either (I was spoiled last year - they played two games at Salem schools), but I'm definitely going to try and make the Oct. 26 game at PGE Park.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:47 pm

Are they going to bring the game ball by helicopter for the Gladstone game?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Wed Oct 10, 2007 4:52 pm

Oh man... Friday Night Flights!

Who was it? Joe Becker? I can't remember...

That was definitely the highlight of our freshman year. Wow... 1996. That's just scary.

Remember the game at Gladstone on Halloween a few years later, when all the cops where there and thought there would be a fight?
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:51 pm

Friday Night Flights was actually at one of the games earlier this year - when La Salle beat Astoria 32-7 at PGE Park. I haven't heard about tomorrow night, but that would be awesome.

We had cops when we played at Estacada in 2005. Ranger fans were throwing batteries, rocks, and other stuff at us. Interestingly, we didn't have cops at the homecoming game against Wilsonville, when at halftime one of my classmates streaked the full 100 yards (from Fuller Rd. all the way through the back gate) without getting caught.

Ah the memories . . .

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:24 pm

I've gone to all the home games, since I'm at La Salle. The team's really good this year. JV won today. The frosh team is defeated tough :-(
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-07-17

Back to top Go down

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . Empty La Salle v N.Marion at PGE Park!

Post by La Salle Alum 99 Mon Oct 22, 2007 11:41 am

Hey Falcon fans! La Salle is playing this Friday, October 26 at PGE Park. Word on the street is that KGW's Friday Night Flights Joe Becker COULD be at the game. It'd be great to see some Pilot/Falcon Alums out for the game. The game starts at 5:30 pm, instead of the usual 7:00 pm, because of the Central Catholic game, which follows the Falcons-Huskies game.

Also...last Friday, the Falcons captured their first league title since 1995 with at 21-16 win over Estacada. La Salle will be playing a 2nd Round game on either Nov. 17 or 18th at "home". Wherever home will be that week.
La Salle Alum 99
La Salle Alum 99
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-10-22

http://www.lshigh.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:40 pm

I'll be there.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:13 pm

If anyone wants Christ mas wreaths they're $16 each. We're about 750 short of getting the day before Thanksgiving off, I need to know by tomorrow at 7:00am PT.
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:05 am

PilotFan4Life... I'll take one of those fine LaSalle wreaths! Smile Check your inbox.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Sun Oct 28, 2007 1:12 pm

Correction: wreaths are $18. Ir anyone still wants one let me know.
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:19 pm

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=481254&root=mls&cc=5901&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab6pos2

Hey check out that picture of Ryan. What a goofy looking dude, I guess much hasn't changed. Well, I guess that the story has a little UP flavor too, there is some mention of Nate Jaqua.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:29 pm

Um... I already posted this in the men's soccer forum. Yeah, that's right - I rule.

Oh, and Brooks Bollinger really IS worse than Tavaris Jackson. Seriously... I bet Joey Harrington or maybe even Derek Anderson is going to be the Vik's QB next year.

Let's now take a moment of silence for Purple Jesus' knee.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . Empty LaSalle has a new coach

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:28 pm

For all you LaSalle dudes---

Joe Frimpong has taken over as coach of the soccer team. I assume he's somehow related to Tina (Frimpong) Ellerton.

10on11
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:50 am

Did you click on the link to the Clackamas Review? Ryan Ceregino is one of the assistant coaches. Maybe he can draw on his experience of playing in State Championship games to get LaSalle back to the glory days of the 90s and early 00s.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:18 am

For the other La Salle alums out there . . . N27503031_30223073_7811

Ryan is my hero.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:15 am

Ahhhh! Wow. I knew he was a math teacher there but not a soccer coach too. I like it.

Oh and Mattywizz... did you know they re-did the Otty overpass so it's not steep anymore? Damn. Today's students will never know the pain of running Otty.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 pm

What? Otty hill is a pain that every young man should feel. I am going to write a scathing letter to ODOT and have them put it back the way it was.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotfan4life Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:22 pm

Mattywizz, I'm going to drive to La Salle this year, I don't want a pain from Otty hill.
pilotfan4life
pilotfan4life
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down