Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

+9
KFTC
mattywizz
Dons Central
Rob's Jacket
pilotram
PilotNut
MesaPilot1
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags Empty An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:06 am

YOU PEOPLE SUCK. AND SO DOES ANGELO.

Look, I can understand growing up in Spokane and liking the Zags. But to show up to your alma mater wearing Zag gear? Just sickening. And it's even worse when you are in the middle of the UP season ticket holder section and jumping up after every Zag basket like it was a buzzer beater and waiving your arms up and taunting the fans around you... yes, I'm talking about you Jason Lesh. Smile

OK. Just had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by Stonehouse on Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags Empty Re: An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:07 am

Preach on.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags Empty Re: An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:31 am

Buyaah,

My Polictically correct young friend has Spoken. I hate to admit it but I was having fantasy's of egging Zag car's,and starting fistfight's in the Parking Lot of the Chiles Center. But then I thought that wouldn't be very classy, and the Pilot fan's alway's have that if nothing else. Even in the losing season's.

MesaPilot1

P.S. -Besides I would look like a real winner kickin some middle-age man's arse. Or worse yet here's my scenerio, getting punched out by some 20 yr old Gonzaga kid and watching him walk away from me while I get arrested. Me no likkee jail,not good example for my kid. Ahh the wisdom of middle age.

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:47 am

Amen, Stonehouse.

As I am also someone who grew up in Spokane (and went to a high school with a very similar name to GU), I find that behavior to be cause for concern for that person's mental health... [/sarcasm] Wink

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 am

No kidding. Root for them every day except 2 maybe 3 days a year. Show up in purple or don't show up!
Slightly related- I see kids wearing Zags/UO/UW stuff on the CSU campus sometimes. Take that crap off or transfer, posers!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:56 am

HA HA HA... everyone's favorite Zag moderator Angelo just linked this thread to the GU Boards.

Best part... he completely biffed the story. Jason isn't a Spokie... I think he's from Lake Oswego. Nice try, Angelo.

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=17955
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:16 am

Stoney, your great, I luved that and you do to Angelo

ANGIE'S A pOSER
ANGIES A POSER

ANGELO HAS NO CLASS, ENGINEER ZAG AT LEAST CAN CARRY ON A SPIRITED , NOT OBNOXIOUS DISCUSSION. WELLCOME TO BFE FANS WHO MADE IT TO THE THIRD GRADE . ANGIE'S REAL NASTY TO POST A POST OFF OF OUR BOARD. WHAT POSITIVE THING DID YOU BELIEVE YOU ACHIEVE FROM THIS MALICIOUS ATTACK ON PN. I WOULD BE EMBARRASSED TO HAVE HIM ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR BOARD. NOW I KNOW WHY I CHEER FOR YOUR OPPOSITION'S TEAMS EVEN THOUGH BATISTA WAS MY FAV ALL-TIME WCC PLAYER. IT'S NEGATIVE PEOPLE LIKE HIM THAT MAKE THE TERRORIST'S WANT TO BOMB THE US. WELL MAYBE I'M OVERSTATING THAT lol! .

GOOD LUCK AGAINST THE TIGERS AND GAELS!!!

GROW UP ANGELO, STAY ON YOUR OWN BOARD.

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:18 am

Poor Angelo, foiled by the boorish behavior of a GU Bandwagon jumper... And GUnit? That's about as lame a title as 50 Cent's career...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:30 am

Mesa, Stoney you're my heros. Angelo, Jason Lesh not so much. Frankly, it's disgusting - you root for your alma mater. I'm a Pilot through and through but make no mistake, if UP were to schedule Willamette for some reason make no mistake - I'd be there decked out in cardinal and gold.

Pilot Nation road trip to the Kennel next year? I vote yes.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:34 am

Isn't that something they took from Randy "big johnson" opps, I mean BIG UNIT JOHNSON before he moved down here. Or that Puffy/P-Ditty rippoff. Whatever it is I guess it gives a bunch of fat old white guys emotionally trapped in BFE some "street cred".

Sound's pretty ghetto to me. Typical small-town hillbilly attitudes do still exist in Spokane,WA.

Mesa Pilot1

@Yeah, if the Pilot's were ever to play AZ Dept of Corrections I may have to do that too. J/k, i think Suspect

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:36 am

Well, you just have to understand Angelo... he gets off on negativity about other WCC schools and he loves to portray himself as an insider. If you look at his posts, you wouldn't think that he's even much of a fan at all... he just throws up links about either Gonzaga or about some negative story/stat about another WCC school. He's a big back-room kind of guy - I'm surprised he posted something so overt. I've had a few run ins with him from time to time, and he loves to send little biting messages... all very discreet, mind you, but in his mind it's intimidating. Whatever... it wouldn't be as fun without him around, I guess.

Anyway, back to the topic - I honestly have no problem with UP kids liking the Zags. I know a lot of people come to UP just to get the heck out of Spokane. But showing up wearing a bunch of Zag gear is just lame... wear something neutral and clap for both teams if you have to, but acting like your GU's #1 fan? I can't respect that at all.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:37 am

MesaPilot1 wrote:Sound's pretty ghetto to me.

I know of several Gonzaga students who call it "Spokompton." That might explain it . . . Rolling Eyes

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 870

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:45 am

G Unit is a rap group from NYC... founded by 50 Cent.

I actually think it's hilarious that they give out a "G Unit" every game to the POG. I wonder how many of them even know what G Unit is.

This was their big single:

Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:53 am

Stonehouse, now that Angelo posts on our board, maybe we should form our own elite moderator board separate from Pilot Nation where we lambast other Pilot/WCC fans and PN posters, only to be discovered by Dons Central and have our degrading, immature thoughts posted on that board for all to see. Then we can threaten to sue Dons Central and make them put a written apology up on his board for a few weeks.

But then again, that sounds like a lot of work. I don't have time for that kind of trite, boorish behavior... I would be surprised if anyone did...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:55 am

DaTruRochin wrote:Stonehouse, now that Angelo posts on our board, maybe we should form our own elite moderator board separate from Pilot Nation where we lambast other Pilot/WCC fans and PN posters, only to be discovered by Dons Central and have our degrading, immature thoughts posted on that board for all to see. Then we can threaten to sue Dons Central and make them put a written apology up on his board for a few weeks.

But then again, that sounds like a lot of work. I don't have time for that kind of trite, boorish behavior... I would be surprised if anyone did...

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! Post of the year.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by Dons Central Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:04 am

Stonehouse wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:Stonehouse, now that Angelo posts on our board, maybe we should form our own elite moderator board separate from Pilot Nation where we lambast other Pilot/WCC fans and PN posters, only to be discovered by Dons Central and have our degrading, immature thoughts posted on that board for all to see. Then we can threaten to sue Dons Central and make them put a written apology up on his board for a few weeks.

HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!! Post of the year.

How the F did I get dragged into this? All I was doing was sitting home watching my Dons lose again.

But, what was that? You guys have a secret board?

Dons Central
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:08 am

HA! No, we prefer to keep things civil and out in the open, sorry to drag you into the fracas...

Then again maybe we should make a secret board.... and I'm sure at least someone will have "gopilots" as their password...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:13 am

Dons Central wrote:How the F did I get dragged into this? All I was doing was sitting home watching my Dons lose again.

Oh man... believe me, we know the feeling. That's why we're so dang giddy that we are actually winning.

But yes - I say we set up a "secret" board that can only be found by the super hi-tech search engine Google.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:14 am

Stonehouse wrote:But yes - I say we set up a "secret" board that can only be found by the super hi-tech search engine Google.

Can my secret name be GUnit? And what is this "google" witchcraft you speak of? Rolling Eyes
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:47 am

I thought this was the secret board.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by KFTC Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:01 pm

PilotNut- Ditto that. I have been fielding emails, texts and status updates from various family, friends and former high school classmates wondering how I could *possibly* be rooting for Portland against the Zags. Like being from Spokane and going to that similar sounding high school should automatically make me fall in line....psh. I have a little thing called ALLEGIANCE to my own alma mater, thank you very much. Roots, schmoots.
KFTC
KFTC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:08 pm

This is purely hypothetical, but what if, for example, Portland is your alma mater, but you have a son who plays for Gonzaga. Who do you root for? Would you have problem if that was the case? Again, this is purely hypothetical. . .

-SciFi

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:11 pm

Purely hypothetical like 2-5 years ago when Rick Raivio's son, Derek played for the Zags?
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by SciFi Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:13 pm

I actually didn't know that, but the question still stands. . .

-SciFi

An Open Message to All UP Alums Rooting for the Zags Header10
SciFi
SciFi
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 313

http://pilotfans.forumotion.com/index.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:34 pm

We could just go back to OLive... Laughing

And I nominate Mesa for PilotNation HOF for his anti-GU rejoinders. Each one is the finely honed culmination of the efforts of a master craftsman.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next