Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Sports Radio station in Portland

4 posters

Go down

New Sports Radio station in Portland Empty New Sports Radio station in Portland

Post by PilotNut Thu May 01, 2008 2:04 pm

This is very good news, IMO. Say goodbye to Jammin' 95.5 and hello to "95.5 The Game"... thats right, sports radio on FM!

According to their new website, they debut on May 12th, and will be the flagship station for the Blazers, Ducks and Seahawks... www.955thegame.com.

The Game will air Jim Rome, Chris Myers, Canzano/Bald Faced Truth, and Fox Sports Radio network.

Hopefully, this could shake out some airwave space for Pilots hoops... we must have a better radio station this fall...

I usually enjoy listening to Isaac and Big Suke on 1080 The Fan, but a little competition never hust anyone, especially since it can be difficult to get AM reception at work...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

New Sports Radio station in Portland Empty Re: New Sports Radio station in Portland

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu May 01, 2008 9:54 pm

Rome is back? YESSSS!!! He was really the only thing I listened to on The Fan. I also heard one of the guys from 1080 is getting his own show on The Game. I would like to see some more local shows. I was never really much for hip hop anyway.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

New Sports Radio station in Portland Empty Re: New Sports Radio station in Portland

Post by Stonehouse Fri May 02, 2008 8:22 am

It will definitely be cool, but Katie Brown and Ken Vance doing a morning show against Colin? I really wonder how successful that would be. I could see Isaac and Suke competing with him, but Colin gets huge ratings in Portland because of his history here. Huge as in I think he gets his highest ratings in the country here.

So I don't know about that one, and it will be interesting to see if Katy and Ken can do the job too. Still, as Pilot Nut said, competition is never a bad thing, and I it will be cool to have the Blazer games on FM for sure.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotbmg Fri May 09, 2008 12:48 am

Hmm, Blazers games on FM now...nice!

pilotbmg
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-01-23

Back to top Go down