Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USF @ Pilots (Jan 27 @ 5:00 PM)

5 posters

Go down

USF @ Pilots (Jan 27 @ 5:00 PM) Empty USF @ Pilots (Jan 27 @ 5:00 PM)

Post by Dean Murdoch Sat Jan 27, 2024 7:42 pm

Fun one so far. Pilots hanging tough with USF getting late into the first half.

Bol is starting to settle in which is nice to see. And Coleman Lemke getting some meaningful minutes in a close game, how 'bout that.

Edit: 11-2 run for USF since I started this thread. When will I learn?
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Fox Mulder likes this post

Back to top Go down

USF @ Pilots (Jan 27 @ 5:00 PM) Empty Re: USF @ Pilots (Jan 27 @ 5:00 PM)

Post by brooke_PPFan@proton.me Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:33 pm

The best thing about this game is that it’s over and we are one day closer to playing Pacific again. Then Pepperdine.

brooke_PPFan@proton.me
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2023-11-20

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Sun Jan 28, 2024 1:25 am

We couldn’t beat USD at home, so I’m not holding my breath for Pacific and Pepperdine.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bullwinkle Sun Jan 28, 2024 5:06 am

A game of what-if’s:  what if we didn’t have 21 turnovers, what if Tyler had just an average game (4 of 17 and 5 turnovers), what if Chris had an average game (10 minutes, no FG attempts, 4 fouls), what if Yuto had played.  We got great games from Gorosito and Masic and Dengdit.  Nice to see Lemke. Great rebounding and mostly good defense.  A 12 point loss just wasn’t that tragic or discouraging.  Nice post game interview with Bobbie Suarez.

bullwinkle
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2013-02-01

DoubleDipper likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jan 28, 2024 12:50 pm

bullwinkle wrote:A game of what-if’s....
Oh, for sure!

Regardless, I thought the guys played their best game of the WCC season last night except for the many unforced turnovers that resulted in 22 points for USF.  

Three games in five days definitely took a toll on a couple of the players, but to play the Dons straight-up in the second half as they did was impressive.

There has been criticism of the coaching on this board the last few weeks, and that's fine, everyone sees things from a different perspective, but I watched last night's game with a parent of a UP player who commented how well Legans was coaching "considering the current lack of personnel on the roster compared to USF's roster."

USF is something like #60 in the NET, UP was around #316 going into the game, and Las Vegas favored USF by 13.5 points...sure it's a small victory to beat the spread, but at this point in the season we are all looking for positives. Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11266
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down