Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot on the radio

3 posters

Go down

Pilot on the radio Empty Pilot on the radio

Post by A_Fan Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:54 am

Danielle Foxhoven is one of the guests on today's episode of the OPB local interview show "Think Out Loud". The program is on 91.5 FM at noon.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Pilot on the radio Empty Re: Pilot on the radio

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:52 am

She was recently interviewed on 1080AM by Isaac and Suke. She detailed a nightmare experience of her time in Russia, with forced steroids and an abusive coach.

Back to top Go down

Post by A_Fan Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 pm

It will be re-broadcast again tonight at 8 pm on 91.5fm
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:48 pm

When Dani came back from Russia, a couple of us had  a discussion with her about her experience, during which I mentioned that Mrs Geez was a grad student at Leningrad Polytechnic  during the 50th aniversary of the October revolution ( it was Novenber 7, btw, with the calendar change) we talked living conditions, and things really hadn't change much.

That makes this the 100th anniversary, btw

I remember she exclaimed at one point - "why didn't anybody tell me about this BEFORE I went there?

A former UNC player, Yael Averbush, went to the same club and didn't last a week. It kinda tells you how much Dani wanted to keep playing soccer.

In the end, she was An emotional leader during the Thorns first championship season.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by wrv Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:55 pm

Geezaldinho wrote:When Dani came back from Russia, a couple of us had  a discussion with her about her experience, during which I mentioned that Mrs Geez was a grad student at Leningrad Polytechnic  during the 50th aniversary of the October revolution ( it was Novenber 7, btw, with the calendar change) we talked living conditions, and things really hadn't change much.

That makes this the 100th anniversary, btw

I remember she exclaimed at one point - "why didn't anybody tell me about this BEFORE I went there?

A former UNC player, Yael Averbush, went to the same club and didn't last a week. It kinda tells you how much Dani wanted to keep playing soccer.

In the end, she was An emotional leader during the Thorns first championship season.

I listened to Danny today. She is articulate. What a gripping tale. She got paid one-half of a paycheck.

Good luck Danny.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down