Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilot Radio Broadcasts

2 posters

Go down

Pilot Radio Broadcasts Empty Pilot Radio Broadcasts

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Jason Swygard, a producer on 1080 KFXX (the Fan), substituted for Bill Johnson last Wednesday for the PSU game.  He has been a play-by-play announcer for high school football, along with other shows.  He mentioned on-air today that he has been hired to finish out the season as the announcer for the Pilot games.  Welcome, Jason.

Hopefully, that means Pilot games will get mentioned more often on the 1080 sports news breaks.  Basketball

Back to top Go down

Pilot Radio Broadcasts Empty Re: Pilot Radio Broadcasts

Post by wrv Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:16 pm

I thought Jason did a good job on the broadcast, as apparently did folk in the athletic department. He was interesting and insightful.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:12 pm

That's good news.  I had heard previously that Jason Swygard would only work the home games as his "day job" would not allow him the time to travel with the team.

There was even talk of Associate Athletic Director - Public Relations, Jason Brough, doing some of the games.  If Brough does end up doing a few games, and based upon some of the work I've heard him do, I think he'll be up to the task.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11237
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:38 pm

Swygard did mention he had a couple conflicts where he wouldn't be able to call a game. He spoke highly of Jason, and all of the UP staff.

Back to top Go down