Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freshmen

Go down

Freshmen Empty Freshmen

Post by Guest Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:57 am

Been a great year for the freshmen. Can we collect some observations, thoughts, etc on their plays and level of play, etc? I will start:

Ariel Viera: Against Marquette she had a play on defense where Marquette got behind her with the ball. Remarkably, she ran down the opponent and came out with the ball. I've seen her do that time after time. The only time I've seen her legitimately burned was against Pepperdine when the opponent kicked the ball around her and then got a cross off. During possession, when she brings the ball up field her quality gets her within a defender of the goal. Every time she has passed the ball off. One of these times she is going to keep going toward goal and get a shot. With the goals she scored
in high school, we all have to believe that she is going to start taking that shot at some point. I can't wait for that moment. You can see it developing, especially when watching on the TV.

Back to top Go down

Freshmen Empty Re: Freshmen

Post by Dan No Yell Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:30 pm

During possession, when she brings the ball up field her quality gets her within a defender of the goal. Every time she has passed the ball off. One of these times she is going to keep going toward goal and get a shot. wrote:
I've seen her pass up open shots more than once to give the ball to a teammate.
Very generous.
When she starts getting greedy opponents will be in trouble.

The freshman are great, I love that we have good options at every (almost) position.

Dan No Yell
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 150
Registration date : 2011-09-22

Back to top Go down