Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Recruiting

+25
lomiton
aleppiek
cjacks14
piloted
Sound Voltex
bobtcat2
blacksheep
Rob's Jacket
StudentPilot
dholcombe
Stonehouse
The Wingman
pilotdad1
pilotram
wrv
Shadrach
Rochin54
terpcard
ExpatPilot
mattywizz
Dean Murdoch
NoPoNeighbor
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
DoubleDipper
29 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

2017 Recruiting Empty 2017 Recruiting

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:05 am

Did I seriously just create this thread? Coaches getting after this one early!

Pilots have offered 2017 SG A.J. Youngman out of Thomas Nelson HS in Bardstown, Kentucky. Ranked the top freshman in Kentucky and also has offers from West Virginia and Northern Kentucky.

I am assuming "hey kid, want to play in the best non-conference tournament ever assembled during your first year on the Bluff?" would be a big part of the recruiting pitch.

Back to top Go down

2017 Recruiting Empty Re: 2017 Recruiting

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:49 am

UP also likes a Seattle area kid, Jaylen Nowell, now at Garfield HS. 

Jaylen was the HoopScoop #17 ranked 8th grader in the country last year playing as a combo guard.

There's video of Jaylen out there, but it's WAY TOO SOON to even think about kids entering the 9th grade this fall, IMO.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11095
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Snus Junction likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:07 am

It will be interesting to see how our participation in the Uncle Phil/Nike tournament effects the program...  recruiting, reputation, etc.  It can't hurt, right?  

I do cringe a bit, when thinking about how it could play out if we don't get things turned around--the results could be painful.

On the positive note, this is a HUGE opportunity for the program to get national exposure...  just to be mentioned in the same conversation with the other participants will be great.  And hey, if we pull off a win...  I would hope that there will be a MASSIVE marketing campaign by the U to get purple butts in seats for this one--this is really a once in a (Phil's) lifetime opportunity.  Maybe some more love from Nike, too...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:39 am

DoubleDipper wrote:There's video of Jaylen out there, but it's WAY TOO SOON to even think about kids entering the 9th grade this fall, IMO.
But never too early to start building the relationship, right?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:41 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:UP also likes a Seattle area kid, Jaylen Nowell, now at Garfield HS. 

Jaylen was the HoopScoop #17 ranked 8th grader in the country last year playing as a combo guard.

There's video of Jaylen out there, but it's WAY TOO SOON to even think about kids entering the 9th grade this fall, IMO.
Actually, it seems to me that kids in the eighth grade are the perfect kids to be showing interest in...before the recruiting rules kick in.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:15 am

DeanMurdoch wrote:But never too early to start building the relationship, right?
Geezaldinho wrote:Actually, it seems to me that kids in the eighth grade are the perfect kids to be showing interest in...before the recruiting rules kick in.
Absolutely!  You both are correct.

The majority of recruits end up going to the school they "feel" the most comfortable with.....and that "feel" generally starts with the relationship they've built with the coaching staff starting very, very early in the recruiting process.

And the recruiting doesn't end with the verbal commitment or even the LOI.....it's a relationship!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 am

Their Mayfair HS coach is reporting that Kendall Small's smaller brother, PG Kyle,  (5-5 155) has been offered by UP.

Hmm, I wonder if he accompanied his brother and parents on their NW swing 10 days ago.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Tue May 06, 2014 11:54 am

I wonder if any UO recruits (and their parents!) are having second thoughts given the extremely disturbing news coming out of Eugene this week.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1396
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:31 pm

A bunch of interest from various universities in Las Vegas Knicks/Desert Pines High School SF Trevon Abdullah.....and according the Knicks coach, UP has made Trevon an offer.

He's 6-5 with room to grow....but he's over two years away from showing up on any college campus.
2017 Recruiting Lv-tre10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Apr 11, 2015 10:34 am

The latest 15 year-old to pop up on the radar is Dayton High School PG Zach Bernards.  Zach led his Dayton team to the Oregon 3A title this past season with a 29-1 record.

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:35 pm

Rev reports he was in Indianapolis.
Eric Reveno @CoachReveno  
Productive trip to Europe but now excited to be in Indy to see some teams from the Northwest.  Time to take a look at some 2016's and 17's.
The Oklahoma Wizards AAU team with 6-8/210 Cameron Martin was also in Indianapolis for a tournament.
Oklahoma Wizards @OklahomaWizards  
2017 C Cameron Martin (@BigCamTheShooow | Yukon) has picked up an offer from Portland #TheWizardsWay #okpreps
2017 Recruiting Cdz0cm10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:23 am

A recruit from THE YUKON? Are you kidding me??

Oh...there's a Yukon in Oklahoma.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1783
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:08 am

DoubleDipper wrote:A bunch of interest from various universities in Las Vegas Knicks/Desert Pines High School SF Trevon Abdullah.....and according the Knicks coach, UP has made Trevon an offer.
According to Verbal Commits, Abdullah just picked up an offer from Cal Poly....marking the 6th offer to Abdullah this year and his 9th overall....

All the offers are from mid-majors for now, but obviously the coaches are seeing something they really like in the 6-5 SF.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 27, 2015 9:37 pm

Yet another young man Rev saw in Indianapolis apparently received an offer from the Pilots today.....and from Green Bay, Iowa St., and IUPUI.

Kobe King, the son of former Wake Forest and NBA player, Chris King, is a 6-3 wing from LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

The coaches that saw him in Indy couldn’t contact him directly, but got word to King that they'd like to communicate with him via social media or phone.....remaining within the NCAA law for this time of year.  Rolling Eyes

King said,
I’m able to contact them (the coaches), and I talked to someone from every school this afternoon. The big questions aren’t something to talk about until later, but it’s a chance for us to get to know each other better.
More offers will undoubtedly follow.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:09 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Kobe King, the son of former Wake Forest and NBA player, Chris King, is a 6-3 wing from LaCrosse, Wisconsin

I'm about 35% certain that Chris King scored the first basket in Vancouver Grizzlies franchise history!

Just tried to confirm on Google but couldn't find it. You'll all just have to trust my foggy memory from something 20 years back.
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:47 pm

Terry Cahill wrote:I'm about 35% certain that Chris King scored the first basket in Vancouver Grizzlies franchise history!
Well, I suppose that is possible......but King, who played for over 20 different professional teams, including the Grizzlies, and the LaCrosse Bobcats of the CBA, did tip-in a Byron Scott's miss at the buzzer in the Grizzlies first ever home opener to beat the Minnesota Timberwolves.

So it's for sure that King scored the first WINNING basket in franchise history..... study
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by mattywizz Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:37 pm

Just saw this article in the paper today. Might have to make it to some Red Raiders games in the future. We have friends with a kid who is in his class. Maybe I can start doing some tampering.

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/high-school/college-basketball-teams-line-up-for-central-s-kobe-king/article_819b5ae5-af51-55eb-ad5a-9f4c14f539f3.html
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:42 pm

The first of three 4-day July evaluation periods started yesterday, and all the coaches are on the road looking at summer high school ball at various venues.

I'm guessing Rev is in Atlanta at the Peach Jam looking for another "under the radar" type for 2017 and beyond... Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:22 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I'm guessing Rev is in Atlanta at the Peach Jam looking for another "under the radar" type for 2017 and beyond... Cool

That makes two Pilots in Georgia as far as I know.

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 776
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:53 pm

Saben Lee, 6-0 PG from Tempe, Arizona has retweeted that he has picked up offers from UP, PSU, and Weber State.

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:41 am

I thought 6-0 point guards are supposed to throw up soft floaters in the lane when there's two defenders coming at him, not throw down one-handed dunks.

https://vine.co/v/evabbEzghO7
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:17 am

Terry Cahill wrote:I thought 6-0 point guards are supposed to throw up soft floaters in the lane when there's two defenders coming at him, not throw down one-handed dunks.
At 5-9, another product of Arizona, TJ Campbell, could throw them down two-handed with the best of 'em.

UP won that game in Malibu in 2010, 83-62! Cool
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:32 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
Terry Cahill wrote:I thought 6-0 point guards are supposed to throw up soft floaters in the lane when there's two defenders coming at him, not throw down one-handed dunks.
At 5-9, another product of Arizona, TJ Campbell, could throw them down two-handed with the best of 'em.

UP won that game in Malibu in 2010, 83-62! Cool

His and Alex's old coach could get his head even with the rim at 5'3"

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11794
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:22 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Saben Lee, 6-0 PG from Tempe, Arizona has retweeted that he has picked up offers from UP, PSU, and Weber State.
Arizona Republic wrote:  Lee, who has grown to 6-foot-1, picked up five college offers in his first three games playing in the Double Pump Summer Tip-Off in Anaheim, Calif.

Lee shut it down in the spring to rest an injured hip that has since fully recovered. He has shown tremendous leaping ability and floor leadership playing the point, averaging 17 points, seven assists and four rebounds in his first three games. His play has brought offers from Northern Colorado, Portland, Portland State, Weber State and Grand Canyon University.
Stanford is keeping a close eye on him.
"I feel like my jumping has really helped me finish around the basket," Lee said. "It's helped with my explosiveness to come back."
Lee said he hopes that he'll land a major-college offer, but he is only entering his junior season, so he has plenty of time to get that.

"I think the strength for me is that when I need to get a bucket, I can get to the basket and score," Lee said.  
And Stanford must have loaned him a nice shirt:
2017 Recruiting Cii1xx10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jul 15, 2015 7:24 pm

Nothing new to see here folks, I just moved this to the 2017 Recruiting thread where it belongs.....
DoubleDipper wrote:Just when we think recruiting for 2016 is completed, 5-10 PG Jacob Gilyard from Barstow High School in Kansas City, Missouri, is retweeting that he has received an offer from Portland and LIU.
2017 Recruiting Barsto10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next