Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2013-2014 Conference Schedule Released

+6
blacksheep
NoPoNeighbor
DaTruRochin
DoubleDipper
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2013-2014 Conference Schedule Released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013-2014 Conference Schedule Released

Post by pilotram Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:59 am

At least someone is asking the questions now. I can appreciate that.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

2013-2014 Conference Schedule Released - Page 2 Empty Re: 2013-2014 Conference Schedule Released

Post by VillaGorilla Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:19 am

Just put the conference games in my calendar, and dang, I did not realize until right then how front-loaded with home games our schedule is.  Not to mention that they are compressed in such a short time span.

Sorry for the off-topic intrusion in this thread, please continue with the state of the program discussion.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:38 am

VillaGorilla wrote:Just put the conference games in my calendar, and dang, I did not realize until right then how front-loaded with home games our schedule is.  Not to mention that they are compressed in such a short time span.

Sorry for the off-topic intrusion in this thread, please continue with the state of the program discussion.
Ha-ha, you're the one who is ON topic.....the rest of us went off the rails with the Greg Crawford article.

It IS an absurd schedule.....driven by TV revenue, but if the state of the program were such that regional or national TV viewers wanted to see UP basketball.......
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11295
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:37 pm

I learned from a UP student today that of the total of 16 games in the Chiles Center this coming season, the students will be on campus for only 7 of those games.

In addition to missing the USF, SCU, UOP, SMC, and GU league games, they’ll miss the San Jose St, and Southern Utah games because of Thanksgiving and the Montana St. game because of Christmas vacation.

I’m not a math major, but even I know that’s less than 50%....Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:In addition to missing the USF, SCU, UOP, SMC, and GU league games, they’ll miss the San Jose St, and Southern Utah games because of Thanksgiving and the Montana St. game because of Christmas vacation.
They will be home for San Jose St and Southern Utah. It's the tournament that we host on Thanksgiving weekend when students will be gone (i.e. North Texas, Columbia, Idaho)

Last edited by An_Undergrad on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:37 pm

An_Undergrad wrote:They will be home for San Jose St and Southern Utah. It's the tournament that we host on Thanksgiving weekend when students will be gone (i.e. North Texas, Columbia, Idaho)
Hmm, OK, I may have been given some bad info.

I was under the impression the Coaches Against Cancer tournament was the week BEFORE Thanksgiving break....21, 22, 23 November......and the Thanksgiving break is November 27-Dec 2.....with the San Jose St. game on Nov 27 and the Southern Utah game on December 1. (Thanksgiving is on Nov 28).

A bit of an added "downer" during the CAC Tournament is the UP game times.....5 PM on Thursday, 2 or 4:30 PM on Friday, and finally a normal 7 PM on Saturday.

I guess the still anticipated "official" release of the schedule will clear up the confusion.....tongue
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:40 pm

Actually, DD, you were right. My apologies. I thought Thanksgiving would be that week instead of the 28th.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2