Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

USD's Rob Jones to Transfer

3 posters

Go down

USD's Rob Jones to Transfer Empty USD's Rob Jones to Transfer

Post by PilotNut Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:50 am

Credit the USF Board for finding this.

Another blow to the USD Men's hoops program, as sophmore forward Rob Jones has requested release from his scholarship to return to the Bay Area to his ill father.

SD Tribune Article

You can't fault the decision at all... I wish the best for him and his family... but this is another major blow to USD. Coach Grier has himself quite a pickle now, with transfers, injuries, suspensions, etc. Hopefully he can get things calmed down with his own recruits there, but I dont think he has brought in much...?

Could he take a year off and then end up at USF, SCU or SMC? Possible, but probably not likely. I would think USD would make that part of the agreement to release him...
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

USD's Rob Jones to Transfer Empty Re: USD's Rob Jones to Transfer

Post by mattywizz Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:02 am

My guess is they would not allow him to attend another WCC school. He might end up at a UC school, I don't really know what other schools are in the bay area.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

USD's Rob Jones to Transfer Empty Re: USD's Rob Jones to Transfer

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:16 pm

How about UP, a Strong small power foward with the class of 2011?,2012? would not hurt. I think it was mainly the drop in his play from last year to this year,plus family? I Know its "whistling in the dark" but two transfer's/juco's that have done well are Nik and T.J. If anybody could help him take his game to the "next level" it would be Rev. with what he did at Stanford with previous players.

It probably won't happen for the Pilot's.Realistically I see St Mary's with Simpson leaving and no real replacement's in the wings. I bet DonsCentral is overjoyed and they already have him penciled in their starting lineup

SpeculatingPilot1 cyclops aka MesaPilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down