Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37?

+8
PilotNut
dystopia membrane
PurplePrideTrumpet
aleppiek
purple haze
Geezaldinho
PilotDrummer
Stonehouse
12 posters

Go down

Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37? Empty Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37?

Post by Stonehouse Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:49 pm

Sketchy source, but:

http://ucla.scout.com/a.z?s=12&p=2&c=810660&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fucla.scout.com%2fa.z%3fs%3d12%26p%3d2%26c%3d810660

"Friday’s Men’s opener against Northern Colorado will be shown on Comcast 37 (delayed) due to the University of Portland Women’s soccer game."

Hmmm... hasn't been announced elsewhere. Would be very cool if it's on though!
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37? Empty Re: Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37?

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:40 am

I remember that one of the last years we were able to have a game at Merlo during the playoffs and Athletics wanted to show it in the Chiles Center the NCAA had a fit. Something about charging admission to watch the game on the big screen in there?

I hesitate to wonder what they'd do about an actual TV broadcast. Seemed like getting the UCLA game last year took an act of congress.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37? Empty Re: Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37?

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 12, 2008 7:58 am

UP did show the Notre Dame game in the Chiles Center in 2005.

No admission was charged, and I believe over 1000 people watched the game that way, despite the fact that it was on local TV and people could have watched from their homes.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11805
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:01 am

I was there at Chiles Center for the UCLA drubbing and wouldn't have missed it for anything. What an atmosphere -- and a great result.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:04 am

Geezaldinho wrote:UP did show the Notre Dame game in the Chiles Center in 2005.

No admission was charged, and I believe over 1000 people watched the game that way, despite the fact that it was on local TV and people could have watched from their homes.

I stand corrected.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:07 am

The buildup to that game after the 6 minute sell out was incredible!
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:31 pm

It is possible,since the Blazers play at 5 that night. I'm going in person so it doesn't matter, but it still would be nice to have it on TV.

And I remember people watched the 2002 final in the Chiles Center as well.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by dystopia membrane Wed Nov 12, 2008 9:20 pm

It's official.
They moved the Ducks game to tape at 10:30p.

dystopia membrane
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:19 pm

NAU site announcement-

Soccer to Play No. 2 Seed Portland in NCAA Tournament
(11/11/2008) FLAGSTAFF, Ariz. – The Northern Arizona women’s soccer team will travel to Portland, Ore. for a rematch against two-seeded Portland, the NCAA selection committee announced on Monday. The Lumberjacks will make their first-ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament on Friday at the Clive Charles Soccer Complex.

NAU (12-6-3) completed the 2008 regular season with its best record in school history and its first-ever Big Sky Women’s Soccer Championship. The Lumberjacks next challenge is Portand, an opponent NAU is familiar with having played the Pilots two of the last three years.

The Lumberjacks played Portland this season back on Sept. 12 and lost 7-0. The NAU women are a different team since the defeat and will look to upset the Pilots on their home turf.

The first round doubleheader will feature Texas and Washington State at 5 p.m., followed by the Pilots and Lumberjacks at 8 p.m. The winners will advance to the second round game scheduled for Sunday at 1 p.m.

Fans can tune into portlandpilots.com and catch a live audio broadcast. Live stats for all NCAA tournament games can be viewed at ncaasports.com. The game will also be televised on Comcast SportsNet Northwest.

Tickets will go on sale Wednesday at 11 a.m. through all Ticketmaster outlets, online at www.ticketmaster.com, by calling (503) 224-4400 or in-person at the Pilot Box Office.

Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11805
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Friday's Game to Be Shown on Comcast SportsNet NW 37? Empty Confirmed! game is on TV

Post by PilotNut Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Per the Comcast SportsNet web site schedule: Link

Nice!!
PilotNut
PilotNut
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by ninjapizza Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:29 am

I'll be out of town Friday through Saturday; anyone feel like recording the games for me? I would really appreciate it and be willing to pay whatever is appropriate.
ninjapizza
ninjapizza
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 233

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:12 am

I will be DVR-ing the game for sure... If I can then just figure out how to get it off the DVR to another format...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotsfan70 Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:37 am

I don't get this channel out in the east coast. Can anyone get me a copy of this game? Also does anyone have a copy of the game against Santa Clara? Willing to pay. Very Happy Please let me know. Go Pilots cheers

Last edited by pilotsfan70 on Fri Nov 14, 2008 3:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
pilotsfan70
pilotsfan70
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2007-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotDrummer Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:08 pm

http://www.portlandpilots.com/news/2008/11/13/WSOC_1113085617.aspx

Straight from the UP website.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by tamservo Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:31 pm

So those of us with Verizon FiOS are out of luck then?
tamservo
tamservo
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:36 pm

Actually I think Verizon has Comcast Sports Net, its us Directv folk who are out in the cold.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:46 pm

Cut/pasted from UP's site:
The match can be seen live in the Portland-metro market on Comcast channel 37 and throughout the state of Washington on Comcast channel 179.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by tamservo Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:57 pm

And on channel 77 on Verizon FiOS... thanks aleppiek! My husband will be glad to catch it on the Tivo since he won't make it to the game with me.
tamservo
tamservo
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:01 pm

<---- Jealous NoPo cannot get Verizon Fios.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by WPS_Movement Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:58 am

I don't live in Washington, and don't get this channel, which is rough at this time when being a huge fan from out of state.

I would love if someone can send me a copy of this game, on either DVD or VHS.

I will of course pay for it.

I am also interested in the other recent Portand games that were on the Comcast Sportsnet Northwest channel .........

Portland vs. UCLA (earlier this year - regular season game - in 2008)
Portland vs. Colorado (NCAA tourney - 2007)
Portland vs. Tennessee (NCAA tourney - 2007)
Portland vs. UCLA (NCAA tourney - 2007)

And of course tonight's game (Portland vs. Northern Arizona)

I will of course pay.

Can you hook up a huge Pilot fan, and an advocate for the WPS who is helping women's professional soccer in advertising.
I would greatly appreciate it.

You can reach me at my e-mail at ... wpsmovement@yahoo.com

Or you can reply to this thread.

Thank you.

WPS_Movement
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-11-14

Back to top Go down