Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Change You Can Believe In

4 posters

Go down

Change You Can Believe In Empty Change You Can Believe In

Post by wrv Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:04 am

Lindsi Lisonbee changed her commitment to BYU . . .according to the oft cited website for soccer recruiting--must have a good source to report it.

Ugh--well, I suspose that comes with the recruiting territory, obtaining commitments so far in advance of actual enrollment from high school juniors. She obviously is a talented young lady: sad to lose her.

This change may well explain some of the recently renewed activity for 2009.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Change You Can Believe In Empty Wow!

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:52 am

way to keep on top of things! It would explain the recent recruiting alright....
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11805
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Change You Can Believe In Empty Re: Change You Can Believe In

Post by FANatic Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:14 am

Darn...If that's true it's a huge loss! affraid

Lisonbee is a 5'10" central defender in the monster category. We still have two other monster center defenders in the fold...Freshman to be and 5'9" Michelle Olivier we'll be watching play next month. And possibly the best defender of them all in 2009 recruit Cloee Colohan, who is "only" 5'8", but a much written about talent nationally. Cloee is the only Pilot recruit on the final U17 WNT roster that is set to open the 2008 CONCACAF Women's Championships in Trinidad & Tobago from July 17-27.

Local talent Courtney Verloo also made this elite roster.

U.S. U17 WNT 2008 CONCACAF Championships Roster

However, just devastating news about Lindsi. We'll be just fine without her, of course. And this happens to every team in every college sport. Still, this one stings me a bit. I saw Lindsi starting at center back for us for all her 4 years. With her size and talent, she would have helped close down the defensive third and I can only imagine all the headers she would have won. She also might have been a good goal scorer off of corner kicks. Oh well. You win some, you lose [CLICHE STOPPER]
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Change You Can Believe In Empty Re: Change You Can Believe In

Post by DaTruRochin Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:18 am

I suppose thats the flip side of having such a stacked roster... Some players are going to leave for guaranteed playing time, but somehow I think Garrett and the staff are perfectly capable of finding another equally talented back... I mean they have a whole year to lock one up... Oh the pitfalls and troubles of being an elite program tongue
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down