Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nice Article about Nik and Sherrard

Go down

Nice Article about Nik and Sherrard Empty Nice Article about Nik and Sherrard

Post by Stonehouse Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:31 am

On the front page of the Portland Tribune sports section:

http://www.portlandtribune.com/sports/story.php?story_id=120121192125924000

Cool story... I like the history angle. And I love hearing this kind of talk from Nik:

Raivio, a sophomore, wants to help the program regain the status it had when his father played there. “That’s why I’m here,” he says. “I definitely wish we had a better record right now. It could easily be .500, or 10 or 11 wins. This year is definitely preparing us for next year and the year after. We’ve got all but one guy (Watson) coming back, and we got a lot of pieces, everyone is learning plays and systems, and young guys are buying in.”

And this from Rev:

Portland has lost the past three West Coast Conference games by a combined nine points and dropped five preseason games by seven points or fewer. They are still losses, though and Reveno’s career record is 15-36.

“I have two views of our program,” Reveno says. “One is from my nose to the grindstone, and I see three feet in front of me, game to game. Then I have my 10,000-foot view, and I’m very happy with where we are.”

So they are feeling what we are feeling... frustrated about this season because we want to win and have had some tough losses, but also very optimistic about what the future might hold.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down