Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Firsts

2 posters

Go down

Firsts Empty Firsts

Post by Guest Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:55 pm

Two firsts this week.
The St. Louis Blues, founded in 1967, won their first Stanley Cup, in their fourth trip to the Finals. They won game 7 of the Finals 4-1 over Boston, winning in Boston after losing at home in game 6.
the Toronto Raptors, founded in 1995, won their first NBA championship in their first trip to the finals, beating the Warriors in 6 games by winning 144-110 at Golden State.

Back to top Go down

Firsts Empty Re: Firsts

Post by Dean Murdoch Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:40 am

As a bitter Canucks fan I was so unbelievably happy to see St. Louis beat Boston.

Everyone's telling me that I should be happy as a Canadian for Toronto and, for sure, it's nice to see a lot of people in the country come together. But maaaaaaan, I grew up a Vancouver Grizzlies fan so it just kind of stings. It's cool to see so many people invested in it, but at the same time a lot of people spent a lot of time watching the Grizzlies monumentally suck for so long.

A recap of Deaner's favourite teams...

NHL: Vancouver Canucks (no championships since coming into the league in 1970)
NBA: Vancouver Grizzlies (haven't existed since Bill Clinton was still in office)
NCAA MBB: Portland Pilots (no recap necessary)
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1787
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:31 am

I was surprised to read that starting in 1984, Canadian NHL teams won 7 straight Stanley Cups, and 8 out of 10. The 1993 Montreal team was the last Canadian team to win the Cup.

Back to top Go down

Post by up7587 Sat Jul 10, 2021 7:06 pm

Messi gets his first international trophy as Argentina beats Brazil 1-0 in Copa America.

up7587
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1374
Registration date : 2021-06-10

Back to top Go down