Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move

+2
NoPoNeighbor
bobtcat2
6 posters

Go down

Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move Empty Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move

Post by bobtcat2 Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:59 am

Down. This is not a $10 product at this point. People are listing tickets for as low as $1 on Vivid Seats and Stubhub but the fees add $15 or more. Very annoying to have the ushers vigilantly guarding against people moving down when the gym is empty. Why not run some ticket promos or something when you're putting out the worst product in the history of Oregon basketball?
Rant over, let's shock Pepperdine!

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 193
Registration date : 2017-01-13

Back to top Go down

Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move Empty Re: Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move

Post by NoPoNeighbor Wed Jan 30, 2019 2:03 pm

I'd like to see UP adopt more of an 'open seating' policy across the board. The A10 is doing this for its tournament this year:
http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=211771622

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move Empty Re: Should offer discounted tickets or allow GA tickets to move

Post by blacksheep Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:49 pm

It's hard to justify selling reserved seats for more if you are just going to allow everyone to sit where they want.

That being said, it's the Chiles Center, sit where you want (except for 7587's seat, that one is his!). I don't think I've been asked to show my ticket all season.

Last edited by blacksheep on Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:30 pm

blacksheep wrote:It's hard to justify selling reserved seats for more if you are just going to allow everyone to sit where they want.

That being said, it's the Chiles Center, sit where you want (except for 7589's seat, that one is his!).  I don't think I've been asked to show my ticket all season.  

That's Mr. 7587 to you.

Back to top Go down

Post by NoPoNeighbor Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:48 pm

I finally had to figure out where my season ticket seat is located for the Gonzaga game. Before that I didn't even know where I was "supposed" to be sitting, and just grabbed whatever seat struck my fancy for each game.

UP could sell a couple of sections of 'premium' reserved seats (people could buy these as season tickets or single-game). Those could come with some extra perks to make it worth it. But the rest of the arena should just be GA open seating for one standard ticket price. You could buy a GA season ticket or single-game.

Or just do assigned seats for GU and BYU. Open seating for all other games.

No good reason not to go this route. It would make the fan experience better. More energy in the building if more people are closer to the court, and it incentivizes people to get to the game on time. People will buy more beers and hot dogs.

NoPoNeighbor
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2012-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:39 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:I finally had to figure out where my season ticket seat is located for the Gonzaga game. Before that I didn't even know where I was "supposed" to be sitting, and just grabbed whatever seat struck my fancy for each game.

UP could sell a couple of sections of 'premium' reserved seats (people could buy these as season tickets or single-game). Those could come with some extra perks to make it worth it. But the rest of the arena should just be GA open seating for one standard ticket price. You could buy a GA season ticket or single-game.

Or just do assigned seats for GU and BYU. Open seating for all other games.

No good reason not to go this route. It would make the fan experience better. More energy in the building if more people are closer to the court, and it incentivizes people to get to the game on time. People will buy more beers and hot dogs.

I have been buying GA and they have ushers vigilantly checking tickets so you can't sit anywhere besides bleachers with a GA seat. Previous seasons this was not the case, you could walk in and sit in the regular seats.

I know I sound cheap but $10 is about what I'm willing to pay for this product right now. I will still go tomorrow, but also agree they could do mostly GA seating for games other than Gonzaga/BYU. This is going to be one empty gym tomorrow night.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:26 am

I used to get checked every single game. Now I don't get checked at all.

I think the ushers must sense fear in you. You need to walk past them like you own the place! If it's one particular usher that is stopping you, maybe try a different access point.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by bobtcat2 Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:52 pm

Good point! Confidence is everything.

bobtcat2
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:11 pm

I dunno.i don’t get asked because I’ve been sitting in the same seat in the same section since 1992 and know all the ushers.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by JimmAlacki Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:34 pm

bobtcat2 wrote:Down.  This is not a $10 product at this point.  People are listing tickets for as low as $1 on Vivid Seats and Stubhub but the fees add $15 or more.  Very annoying to have the ushers vigilantly guarding against people moving down when the gym is empty.  Why not run some ticket promos or something when you're putting out the worst product in the history of Oregon basketball?  
Rant over, let's shock Pepperdine!
There should be a family rate where an adult pays and his kids get in free. You'll get your money from the concessions. My concern is the overpriced concessions and the under talented team. There is no attempt to get the cheeks in the seats. You need to get the future Pilot fans, students or players as Pilot fans as soon as possible.

It is sad that UP was not able to get Santangelo , Frahm, Gourde, Dickau, Derek Raivio to stay at home.

JimmAlacki
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2019-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Sun Feb 03, 2019 2:40 pm

Kids were free the entire winter break I believe. You can also join the kids club which is $10 which gets you into games for all sports including basketball (gu and by excluded) for "free" after the initial $10. It's great if your family plans to attend more than one game a year across all sports. Not do great if you attend only one basketball or soccer game.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down