Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hey, it's Thanksgiving!

2 posters

Go down

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Empty Hey, it's Thanksgiving!

Post by StudentPilot Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:08 pm

I’m chilling with family in upstate New York, but we should not forget those who cannot go home!

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Thanks11

(Finally, with a strong internet, looking forward to seeing my first Pilots games of the season this week....Go Pilots!)
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Empty Re: Hey, it's Thanksgiving!

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Nov 22, 2018 10:18 am

Thanks for reminding us to give special thanks to those who are on the front lines....our police, military, fire fighters, and doctors, nurses and paramedics who make us thankful everyday.

Eleven days ago about 200 friends, acquaintances, and former players who eventually became friends joined together to give thanks to Jack Avina for his love and mentoring that many did not fully understand until years later.

https://pamplinmedia.com/pt/12-sports/411955-307440-avina-got-things-done-the-right-way
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by StudentPilot Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:54 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:Thanks for reminding us to give special thanks to those who are on the front lines....our police, military, fire fighters, and doctors, nurses and paramedics who make us thankful everyday.
Spent Thanksgiving helping to feed and house homeless individuals, and even families, in the Watertown, NY area.

My grandpa (a Vietnam Vet) told me there were a lot of homeless veterans, but I was surprised there were so many homeless veterans in this area that tonight is down to 1 degree...just 80 degrees colder than the San Juan I left just 4 days ago.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving...
StudentPilot
StudentPilot
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 602
Registration date : 2016-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 23, 2018 12:01 pm

StudentPilot wrote:My grandpa (a Vietnam Vet) told me there were a lot of homeless veterans....

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving..
You want to make sure your grandpa has a wonderful Thanksgiving?  Say, "Welcome Home," very few Vietnam Vets received such a greeting upon their return from that war.

Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Pictur13
Hey, it's Thanksgiving! Pictur14
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down