Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 World Cup

+6
Geezaldinho
PilotNut
blacksheep
Stonehouse
aleppiek
ExpatPilot
10 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

2018 World Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 World Cup

Post by ExpatPilot Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:20 pm

wrv wrote:I suspect that there may be some confusion--this administration and president are often confused, purposefully at times--between Macedonia and Montenegro in the mind of the speaker. An "m" name in the Balkans is easily mistaken for one in northern Greece as being in the same region geographically. Macedonia is of course the home of one Alexander the Great, who was alleged to have been aggressive in his pursuit of military conquests and territory.

I do not suspect many have been there. I have been to a now tourist filled Kotor, which has one of the most beautiful harbors in the world. Kotor also has a fairly ancient church built by monks on a monk built island that sits at the waterline, which is a nice diversion for a day. Has some Roman archaeological sites too.

No one there was anything but friendly, but then I was a paying customer. Hard to imagine them as aggressive compared to their neighbors.

I actually was just traveling and visited Kotor: still as beautiful as can be with amazing water to swim in and extremely friendly people. I hope I can return soon!

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

2018 World Cup - Page 4 Empty Re: 2018 World Cup

Post by wrv Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:41 pm

Kotor is a treasure. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4