Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR 2017

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Empty Re: NASCAR 2017

Post by blacksheep Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:17 pm

up7587 wrote:Silverado, absolutely not.  Something'd break for sure.  But in an F-150, it'd be way cool to go that fast.  

Them is fighting words! Evil or Very Mad
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 pm

blacksheep wrote:
up7587 wrote:Silverado, absolutely not.  Something'd break for sure.  But in an F-150, it'd be way cool to go that fast.  

A picture is worth a thousand fighting words.

NASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Silver10

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:29 am

up7587 wrote:
blacksheep wrote:

A picture is worth a thousand fighting words.

You can post the picture of my broken tie rod when you're willing to drive your F150 up that hill.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon May 08, 2017 11:39 am

A helluva race and an exciting finish yesterday at Talladega in the red dirt of Alabama....the first track I ever attended a NASCAR race at.

Good to see Ricky Stenhouse finally get a win after 158 starts in the big series.  His last lap pass and defensive moves at the end of the race made it the most exciting race of the season for me!

It was also nice to see the grandstands full....it's been a tough year for NASCAR with so many drivers retiring.

Hey, if Danica can't win, at least her boyfriend canNASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Ricky_10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11267
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am

Ha, I watched it, too.  I like the intensity of the restrictor plate races a lot.  That finish was great.  Once again, Kyle Busch walks away with a frown.  McMurray's move to split Busch and Johnson was wild.

The Fords sure have made a comeback in speed this year.  Stenhouse won the pole, and was fast all day.

Here's the big one with Danica's big hit into the wall.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 13, 2017 11:27 pm

Danica is in the news again, for being part of another wreck.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/05/13/logano-patrick-almirola-involved-wreck-kansas-speedway/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat May 13, 2017 11:47 pm

up7587 wrote:Danica is in the news again, for being part of another wreck.
I was much relieved when she came running out of her car and away from the fire and smoke....and loved the way she chewed on Joey Logano for hitting her as they boarded the ambulance to head to the care center together.  After being cut out of his car, Aric Almirola was airlifted to the hospital

Easy to see Logano's and Almirola's cars in this picture, but Patrick's car is nearly invisible while engulfed in flames...
NASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Nascar10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 14, 2017 2:34 pm

Joey turned right into her, but before that you can see a brake rotor come flying off his right front wheel through his fender. No way he could avoid hitting her without a right side brake at 215 MPH.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun May 14, 2017 5:53 pm

up7587 wrote:Joey turned right left into her, but before that you can see a brake rotor come flying off his right front wheel through his fender.  No way he could avoid hitting her without a right side brake at 215 MPH.
FYP... Razz

Yeah, saw the video of that, don't understand though how the rotor could fail considering the little braking they do at KC.

Fortunately Aric Almirola is out of the hospital, but it's fortunate safety crews cut off the top of Almirola's car to remove him and place him a backboard before he was airlifted to the hospital because doctors there diagnosed a compression fracture of his T5 vertebra.  He may be out of the hospital, but he'll also be out of racing for awhile.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:50 am

Finally!  Danica has the breaks go her way for a change and ends up 10th after a wild wreck during the overtime lap wrecked a bunch of cars ahead of her.

Bad new for no one's favorite, Kyle Busch.  The pole-sitter loses a tire exiting the pits from his first stop and finishes somewhere towards the back after actually getting as high as 3rd or 4th after the incident.

As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.

Oh, and Jimmy Johnson won for a record tying 11th time at Dover after a caution that allowed him to catch Kyle Larson, and then an overtime start that zoomed him past Larson, all while wearing a Cale Yarbrough tribute helmet.  Johnson's win ties him with Yarbrough with 83 total cup wins.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:53 pm

Here's the video on Busch.  He left with no lug nuts on that tire.

http://www.nascar.com/news-media/2017/06/04/kyle-busch-loses-tire-dover-pit-stop/

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:56 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.  
Yup!
ESPN wrote: NASCAR has suspended Kyle Busch crew chief Adam Stevens and two of his pit crew members for four races for a wheel coming off Busch's car early in the NASCAR Cup race Sunday at Dover International Speedway.  
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:12 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:As I recall, his crew chief and a couple of tire change guys should face a four race penalty for the mishap....we'll see.  
Yup!
ESPN wrote: NASCAR has suspended Kyle Busch crew chief Adam Stevens and two of his pit crew members for four races for a wheel coming off Busch's car early in the NASCAR Cup race Sunday at Dover International Speedway.  

The tire changer and tire carrier got suspended. Seems like it should have been the jack man. He dropped the car too soon, and the driver takes off as soon as it drops.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:46 pm

up7587 wrote:I think I'll root for Ryan Blaney (that would be #21, DD) and Wood Brothers Racing.  I like the Fords, but I have a hard time rooting for Harvick.......
Heckava an exciting finish today with the #21 passing Kurt Busch with 10 laps to go and holding off Kevin Harvick to get his first Cup win and mark the popular Wood Brothers Racing's 99th Cup win.....but their first since 2011.

A good clean race with comparatively very few yellow flags, but a tough hit against the wall at close to 200 mph for Jimmie Johnson.  

Danica finished 16th after being as high as 5th.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:43 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:A helluva race and an exciting finish yesterday at Talladega in the red dirt of Alabama....the first track I ever attended a NASCAR race at.

Good to see Ricky Stenhouse finally get a win after 158 starts in the big series.  His last lap pass and defensive moves at the end of the race made it the most exciting race of the season for me!

It was also nice to see the grandstands full....it's been a tough year for NASCAR with so many drivers retiring.

Hey, if Danica can't win, at least her boyfriend canNASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Ricky_10

Ricky wins another restrictor race, the Firecracker 400 at Daytona. Exciting race, Lots of top drivers crashed out, including Danica.

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:18 pm

Sad News for DD

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/21447666/danica-patrick-end-racing-career-next-year-indianapolis-500
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:07 pm

blacksheep wrote:Sad News for DD

http://www.espn.com/racing/nascar/cup/story/_/id/21447666/danica-patrick-end-racing-career-next-year-indianapolis-500

So, she's quitting racing to go fabric shopping?

BTW, the championship race is this weekend, at Homestead in Miami.  The champion will be the best finisher among the final four: Kevin Harvick, Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr, and Brad Kesolowski.  

Also, watch because I'm pretty sure Denny Hamlin is going to wreck Chase Elliot.  They each knocked the other out of the championship race, and there are hard feelings.

Oh yeah. There are no Hendrick cars in the final four, so no Jimmy Johnson cheating. Yeah!  Truex drives for Furniture Row, Harvick drives for Stewart-Hass, Busch drives for Joe Gibbs, and Kesolowski drives for Penske.  Truex or Busch should win it.

Last edited by up7587 on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:16 pm

p.s. it is Dale Jr's last race, and also Matt Kenseth's last race.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:53 pm

blacksheep wrote:Sad News for DD
Well, yes & no....

All the drivers I once knew and rooted for are now retired, and it has been pretty apparent this would be Danica's last year...so that's the sad part.  But what is not sad is it frees up my Sundays.  No more watching the cars go 'round and 'round and 'round as Mrs. DD always describes it.

I really couldn't care less who wins the Monster Cup this year, but it would seem fitting if Martin Truex comes through considering the year he's had.

It will be very cool if Danica finishes her racing career at the Indy 500 and the Daytona 500...I'll watch both those races, but hope that Danica gets plenty of time in her Indy car before getting up to top speed...those cars are quite a bit different (but much better) than they were in Danica's Indy car days.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:38 pm

up7587 wrote: Truex or Busch should win it.
And that's what it came down to, Martin Truex Jr. beating Kyle Busch (both driving Toyotas) by about .5 of a second for the Monster Cup Championship.

Danica crashes in what could be her last race, and in their last races before retirement Dale Jr. finishes 25th after hitting the wall, and Matt Kenseth comes in 8th.

This season is over, but the new season starts with the 60th running of the Daytona 500 in just two months on February 18.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:17 am

Truex was the dominant car most of the year; he won 8 races including the finale. Busch had a good pit stop strategy, but a caution ruined it for him, and put all the cars on new tires. Kyle of course was his usual gracious self in the post-race interview. Rolling Eyes

I didn't use to care for Dale Jr., because I thought he got a lot of unearned adulation due to his father. But the last couple years, he's seemed like a good guy, and I look forward to his contributions as a race commentator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:57 pm

Kinda NASCAR news:
hdanica-patrick-ricky-stenhouse-jr-relationship-broken-up

All you Danica lovers, she's free again (you know who you are!).

Meanwhile, maybe Ricky can focus on his driving, and get Roush Fenway Racing back in the Chase.  The team has fallen on hard times lately.

Last edited by up7587 on Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:03 pm

Still more kinda slightly NASCAR news:
nascar-team-owner-richard-childress-fires-shots-home-invasion

Maybe they should of known that Childress is also 1st VP of the National Rifle Association, and that a home invasion might not go well for them.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:45 pm

up7587 wrote:All you Danica lovers, she's free again (you know who you are!).
NASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Giphy_10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:57 pm

NASCAR 2017 - Page 2 Ifshoe10

Back to top Go down