Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Boat House(s)?

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New Boat House(s)? - Page 2 Empty Re: New Boat House(s)?

Post by Stonehouse Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:01 pm

While a parking garage would be nice, I believe we'll be seeing a lot more shuttles from the River Campus parking up to the main campus before we see an actual parking structure built.

More interesting to me is the re-location of the Tennis Center and/or Physical Plant. The Tennis Center is on some prime real estate on the main campus... I could certainly see a new academic/administrative building being built on that site.

And I've heard that there were some ideas about converting the existing Physical Plant building into lab/maker space for the Engineering School, which would be pretty cool and would free up space in Shiley Hall for more classrooms.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:30 pm

March, 2017:
ExpatPilot wrote:Okay. Now they have announced a campaign to build the boathouse on the river campus next to the main campus. Apprently, the team goal is to raise $25,000 by May 7th. That doesn't seem to be too hard. Spencer mentioned that we would be one of less than 5 schools in the nation to have their rowing facility on campus.

More details here: https://up.useed.net/give/uprowing

Today...

New Boat House(s)? - Page 2 Scree115

For some of us, especially Shadrach, the wait has been interminable...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11267
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Shadrach likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Shadrach Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:38 pm

Yes indeed DD it has been a long wait. Thanks for mentioning it. It's thrilling to be this close to finishing a project that was (and is) near and dear to my heart from the time when UP first acquired the land, cleaned it up, and began the process of beneficial redevelopment to serve the university and the community. When the first boat launches (soon I hope) UP will be one of only 2 university rowing teams on the West Coast to have access to navigable water from its campus. The other being the University of Washington. GO PILOTS!!!

Shadrach
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:15 pm

It seems to have been a long time coming, but finally, a place for the boats:
New Boat House(s)? - Page 2 Boat_h10
For the much-needed exercise and strengthening equipment:New Boat House(s)? - Page 2 Boast_10
And a way to get to the water:
New Boat House(s)? - Page 2 The_do10
There is a lot more in the boat house besides what is shown in these pictures, like offices and a locker room...and some environmental science projects. Maybe Shadrach can tell us more...
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11267
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2