Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Confirming 2008 Recruits:

+6
aleppiek
Harry Redknapp
Geezaldinho
KFTC
Stonehouse
wrv
10 posters

Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty Confirming 2008 Recruits:

Post by wrv Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:34 pm

SoccerBuzz has listed four of our 2008 recruits as committed to us:

http://soccerbuzz.com/resultsschool_2008.asp

But they also confirm that Teresa Noyola has committed to Stanford:

http://soccerbuzz.com/resultsschool_2008.asp

Go Pilots!

wrv
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty Re: Confirming 2008 Recruits:

Post by Stonehouse Wed Jan 09, 2008 1:29 pm

Nice find, wrv.

But unfortunately the link doesn't work... I think because of the search function you had to use before finding the UP results. But you can go here:

http://soccerbuzz.com/rookie.htm

And then click "2008 Commitments" and do the search from there.

Just looking at the rest of the WCC... interesting to see that Santa Clara only has one commitment showing on there (no idea how many they actually have) and that USF and SMC both have eight. Wow! I know before the 2007 season USF hired a new coach from UCLA and SMC hired a new coach from Texas... these are their first real recruiting classes, so it will be interesting to see how they pan out. My gut tells me that the WCC might not be so top-heavy in the coming years.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by KFTC Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:03 pm

I'd imagine Saint Mary's is going to score some pretty good West Coast recruits because of their coaching staff. Yes, Stonehouse, their coach did come from Texas where she apprenticed under Petrucelli, but many people might recognize Kelly Lindsey's name from her playing days as a standout defender from Notre Dame--Petrucelli recruited her and she played for him for a year before he took the Texas job. Monica Gerardo and Lindsay Jones, no Irish slouches themselves, complete the staff. It's nice to note all 3 are former players in the adidas Summer League, held in Portland from 1997 - 1999.
KFTC
KFTC
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 247
Registration date : 2007-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:17 am

To round out confirmations of next year's recruits, here's an article from today's Idaho Statesman that includes Halley Kreminski's plans to come to UP. It looks like her Basketball skills aren't too shabby, either. She's averaging 12.6 ppg. playing the guard position.

Idaho Statesman
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11803
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:00 am

Just saw this little blurb about Halley Kreminski, a recruit from Idaho. It's a breakdown of the top five girl's basketball players as the season heads into the home stretch:

HALLEY KREMINSKI, EAGLE

There's little doubt about this senior's skills on the soccer field.

And with her return to the basketball court this season, Kreminski is proving she's one of the top all-around athletes in the Treasure Valley.

As a sophomore, Kreminski earned second-team 5A SIC basketball honors for Eagle's state qualifying team. She skipped basketball her junior season to concentrate on selecting a college to play soccer. The first-team all-conference midfielder committed to play at the University of Portland, the 2002 and 2005 NCAA Division I champions.

She returned to basketball this season and has the Mustangs back in the hunt for another run to the state tournament.

Kreminski is averaging 12.6 points per game and Eagle (12-3 overall) enters play Thursday night against visiting Caldwell in a three-way tie for second place in the 5A SIC with a 10-3 league record.

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sports/story/260406.html
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:06 pm

In addition to Noyola Stanford is also getting Shira Averbuch. Interesting that she is younger sister of Yael Averbuch at North Carolina. Surprise that Shira is not headed to Chapel Hill too.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by aleppiek Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 am

Wow, Averbuch to Stanford and not UNC what a coup. Seems the power shift to the West just continues, The Pac-10 trio are going to give each other fits for some time.
aleppiek
aleppiek
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 805
Registration date : 2007-11-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:20 am

Maarten,

I believe Shira verballed (there it is again) to Stanford a long time ago. She probably wanted to make her own mark, and I believe she is quite the scholar. I don't think she considered UNC. she was also looking at the Ivy's (Yale, Harvard).
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:29 pm

Sadly, I'm not confirming anything.

But one of our 2008 prospects is doing well.

Courtney Verloo was one of 4 players who scored as the U-17's beat Australia 6-0

It was a header off a corner in the 79th. ussoccer.com

Cloee Colohan Played the entire game in the back.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:32 am

Cloee's name continues to show up here and there, and it's always positive. She must be a beast of a center back. Twisted Evil
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1238
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty Halley Kreminski still impresses, part 2

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:55 am

Halley got the Rise Magazine award for Player of the year for Idaho.

I especially like the quotes from the coach of her high school's rival team:

“Kreminski has the whole package,” said Mat Henbest, head coach at rival Timberline High. “She has good size, and she moves well with the ball. There wasn’t too much you couldn’t ask her to do. She was probably the best player in the air in the whole state this year. She’s a pretty special player.”

lessee..

Whole package
good size
moves well
versatile
Best player in the air in the whole State
special

I'll take that...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty HALLEY KREMINSKI - IDAHO POY

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:16 pm

RISE selects Eagle High School standout as Gatorade Idaho Girls’ Soccer Player of the Year

In its third decade of honoring the nation’s best high school athletes, Gatorade joined with RISE Magazine to name senior midfielder HALLEY KREMINSKI of EAGLE HIGH as its 2007-08 Idaho Girls’ Soccer Player of the Year.

The senior central midfielder scored 17 goals this past fall, leading the Mustangs (17-2-4) to the Class 5A state final, where they fell to Timeberline, 1-0. A three-time Southern Idaho Conference First Team selection, Kreminski concluded her career with 72 goals.

Kreminski has maintained a 3.67 GPA in the classroom. A member of the Women’s Rights Club at her school, she volunteers as part of multiple community-service initiatives on behalf of the National Honor Society in addition to participating in Link Crew, a school-based organization dedicated to mentoring incoming freshmen.

“Kreminski has the whole package,” said Mat Henbest, head coach at rival Timberline High. “She has good size, and she moves well with the ball. There wasn’t too much you couldn’t ask her to do. She was probably the best player in the air in the whole state this year. She’s a pretty special player.”

Kreminski has verbally committed to a soccer scholarship at the University of Portland this fall.

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fozziewozzie Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:54 pm

geezer,
i an i think FANatic need to know when spring training an the spring games start. you seem to have the inside edge on this knowledge. i would love to see their practices an games, can you help? i know that i will be very grateful to you an i am pretty sure FANantic will be as well.
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:30 pm

fozziewozzie wrote:geezer,
i an i think FANatic need to know when spring training an the spring games start.

At this point, I have no clue. My info on that matter is about the same as yours.

If anyone has any information on Spring games (Men or Women), Our Rasta Brother , FANatic, and I would all appreciate it.

Open your eyes, look within. Are you satisfied with the life you’re living? “~ Bob Marley
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by GUPhantom Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:45 pm

Nice article in yesterday's Oregonian featuring Alex Earl of Southridge HS.

http://www.oregonlive.com/oregonian/stories/index.ssf?/base/sports/1202878510214610.xml&coll=7&thispage=1

Alex's dad was a Pilot B-ball player in the 70s. She's a local athlete who had "the dream" of playing soccer for UP.
She reminded me of the posts here about Halley and her 2-sport achievements. Only Alex eventually signed to play Basketball at
Arizona State. Good for her...but as I read the article...you can sense her interest in soccer still seems to be very strong.

I think its fantastic that UP's soccer program is deeply seeded as a "dream" in our young players from Oregon and the NW. That says
a lot about the health and future of UP Soccer. Sure we may have lost Alex to another sport and another school...but I think its important that the school keep a local profile and identity in regards to the players it goes after. I love that Lisonbee has verbally commited. And I hope the best local players continue to WANT to be a Pilot soccer player. If Kendall and Courtney commit to UP too...WOW!!! That would be awesome, won't it? sunny

GO PILOTS!!!
GUPhantom
GUPhantom
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2007-07-11

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty KREMINSKI AGAIN

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:09 pm

Halley Kreminski is in the Spokesman Review again.

This time she's on the "player to watch" list as her Eagle team makes a run at the State Title.

She's the top scorer on the team averaging 11.5 ppg playing guard.

Eagle goes into the tournament at 17-6.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:46 am

Looks like Halley Kremiski's high school soccer career is over. Her Eagle High School team lost the first game of the tournament and the consolation game, so they are out.

Halley scored 11 and 13 points in the two contests.

I read somewhere earlier that she ran track., but it might be time for her to get back in the swing of soccer to be ready for next season.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty U18 team

Post by UPWomenSoccerRookie Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Two UP recruits, Michelle Olivier & Charney Burk, will be in the 1st camp for this team.

http://ussoccer.com/articles/viewArticle.jsp_5341201.html

UPWomenSoccerRookie
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 124
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:03 am

Nice pick up, UPWSR. It's great that Michelle and Charney have a national team to play on this off-season. That's a huge gap between U-17's and U-20's. Makes a lot of sense to bring back the U-18's. Very Happy
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Confirming 2008 Recruits: Empty Danielle Foxhoven

Post by Geezaldinho Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:29 pm

2008 recruit Danielle Foxhoven is on the cover of Rise magazine this Month.
Confirming 2008 Recruits: Rise_m10

There's also a nice story about her high school and National team careers and aspirations. Give it a read. You may have to become a registered member (it's free).

Danielle is currently on the U20 team pool.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by FANatic Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:39 am

Wonderful publicity for Danielle. Great cover! Can't wait to see her play next season at Merlo. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
FANatic
FANatic
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down