Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bill Irwin

4 posters

Go down

Bill Irwin Empty Bill Irwin

Post by A_Fan Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:47 pm

"Long-time University of Portland Director of Soccer Bill Irwin announced on Tuesday that he is stepping down from his head coaching position, effective immediately. Irwin has been on the soccer staff at Portland for 29 years, including the last 13 seasons as head coach of the men's program."

He is a wonderful person and has been a great asset for the Pilots in his 29 years at the University. I wish him the best.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Bill Irwin Empty Re: Bill Irwin

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:58 pm

Well, to say that Coach Irwin is part of the fabric of UP is probably an understatement.

I too wish him the best, and am quite sure we'll see Bill and his lovely wife, Liz, on campus at various events in the future.

Happy retirement, Coach!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sound Voltex Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:10 pm

Looks like a retiree no more.

http://goviks.com/news/2017/3/3/WSOC_20170303.aspx

Former University of Portland head men's soccer coach Bill Irwin has joined the Portland State women's soccer coaching staff as an assistant, PSU head coach Laura Schott announced Friday.
Sound Voltex
Sound Voltex
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 820
Registration date : 2017-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:12 am

That was unexpected. I can't help but wonder what sorts of circumstances could have been behind the decision to take the job?

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Mar 04, 2017 12:24 pm

SouthCarolinaPilot wrote:That was unexpected. I can't help but wonder what sorts of circumstances could have been behind the decision to take the job?
Besides being unemployed and getting the opportunity to draw a salary while still short of full social security eligibility, to quickly qualify for one of PSU's retirement plans (including PERS), and to continue doing something that has been a lifetime avocation while having the opportunity to mentor young people, I too cannot imagine what is behind the decision. Rolling Eyes

Wait until you are old...you too will readily understand!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11236
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down