Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pepperdine -- Saturday @ 1 PM on Root

+5
Geezaldinho
Pilot2002
PurplePrideTrumpet
PilotNut
DoubleDipper
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pepperdine -- Saturday @ 1 PM on Root - Page 2 Empty Re: Pepperdine -- Saturday @ 1 PM on Root

Post by dholcombe Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:45 pm

Pilotscourtside.com is apparently blocked from work so I can't view it during break time. It's been categorized as a Gambling site  Shocked 

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Pepperdine -- Saturday @ 1 PM on Root - Page 2 Empty Re: Pepperdine -- Saturday @ 1 PM on Root

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:18 pm

That' DD's fault.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11806
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:15 pm

NoPoNeighbor wrote:
• I was really disappointed by the student section today. Considering this was the last home game of the year, and senior day, it was both a bad turn-out and a particularly disinterested group of students. Where were the guys standing up in front cheering? I guess they only come out for the 2 games each season when we're on national TV. Why were those who did show up sitting on their hands or staring at their glowing internet boxes the whole time? This is a college basketball game! And a BIG GAME, at that! And the final home game of the entire season! I imagine that it doesn't feel very good for the players, especially the seniors, to see that the student body is so apathetic towards the team. If there were any recruits there today, that's gotta be a huge strike against UP as they weigh their college decisions.

As much as we grumble about the lack of enthusiasm if not presence of our student section, this may just be a sign of the times.  Here's an article I read today about how big DI BCS schools with huge enrollments are having trouble getting students to show up for big football games even when they pretty much give tickets away.

Will next generation of fans show up?
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 am

A Senior Day recap video:

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2