Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WCC X-Country Championship

2 posters

Go down

WCC X-Country Championship Empty WCC X-Country Championship

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Nov 01, 2013 1:47 pm

The WCC Cross Country Championships are tomorrow in Malibu.

No. 5 BYU has beaten the No. 6 Pilots twice this year, once at BYU and another time in Wisconsin, but that doesn’t mean the Pilots don’t have a chance of an upset…..it happened last year!!

The women are No. 13 in the West Region, and they return their top-five runners from last season’s second place finishing team…so they too have a chance.

I don’t know about you, but I find X-C running very difficult to watch, because unless you are at the finish line, you really don’t know what’s going on……similar to rowing IMO.

I’ve been told we can watch the action on video here: http://www.wccsports.com/ot/13-west-xc-tourney-central.html

And for a nice guide to the teams and the meet, go here: http://febfd758f209aad36444-b73b52b7fe94917a798ab99affbad0bc.r56.cf2.rackcdn.com/2013XC/index.html#?page=0

I said it was a "nice" guide, but it doesn't appear to be a "complete" guide because I can't find anything in there about what TIME the meet begins….but I’m guessing the men start at 9 am and the women at 10 am, but that’s only a guess. scratch
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11276
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

WCC X-Country Championship Empty Re: WCC X-Country Championship

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:38 am

The Pilots Men's team came in second to BYU this morning....UP's Scott Fauble finished 3rd.

It was a very good WCC presentation of the X-C Championships on The WCC TV (or whatever it's called)....with multiple cameras covering much of the action.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:49 am

The women's X-C Championship was won for the 5th consecutive year by USF.....

UP and BYU tied for second, but UP won the tie breaker!

Congratulations to the team, but especially to Laura Hottenrott and Gina Paletta who finished 2nd and 3rd overall for UP.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:59 pm

Just didn't have the horses to hang with BYU this year. On to regionals. Beat Oregon! Beat Stanfurd!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down