Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hipster Alert!

3 posters

Go down

Hipster Alert! Empty Hipster Alert!

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:17 am

Phew, that’s a relief, apparently the hipsters haven’t invaded my side of the Columbia River yet….and probably never will. tongue 

Probably of particular interest to Woodless and blacksheep, and maybe even Rochin54, Yelp has released hipster enclave maps for 14 US metropolitan areas, including Portland.  Watch it, there may be a hipster living near you……

From the Oregonian:
Portland's map shows a large hipster conglomeration in downtown's West End neighborhood -- let's call this the "Ace Hotel zone" -- and another just across the Willamette River in inner Southeast Portland, especially along East Burnside Street -- the "Doug Fir zone."

Smaller clusters sit in Old Town Chinatown, Northeast Alberta Street, Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard and North Mississippi Avenue, while faint impressions can be made out in St. Johns and on Southeast Woodstock Boulevard.

The Portland suburbs appear to be hipster-free.
Hipster Alert! Hipste10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11311
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Hipster Alert! Empty Re: Hipster Alert!

Post by PilotNut Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:34 am

Oh no...!! I live under one of the fainter red spots.... I better go buy some skinny jeans... affraid

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:52 am

PilotNut wrote:Oh no...!! I live under one of the fainter red spots.... I better go buy some skinny jeans... affraid
Hmm, skinny?  Really?  Does that mean LESS beer drinking? Razz 

I drove through the St. Johns area on Wednesday and the Woodstock and Hawthorne areas yesterday....and nary a hipster was spotted, but it could be they are most prevalent at night.

But I can attest from many days/nights in the "Ace Hotel Zone" that there are plenty of these hipster critters in Portland.  alien
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 pm

I am shocked that you didn't see hipsters on Hawthorne. I am also shocked they didn't find the hipsters east of I-205. Rolling Eyes 

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:11 pm

up7587 wrote:I am shocked that you didn't see hipsters on Hawthorne. Rolling Eyes 
Ha-ha, decided to give Hawthorne another try.....and sure enough, right outside our restaurant.....an apparent hipster.  

Hmm, turns out I know a number of these....I just didn't know they were called hipsters...Embarassed 
Hipster Alert! Hipste11
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:22 am

[quote="DoubleDipper"]
From the Oregonian:
faint impressions can be made out in St. Johns.

I think the faint impression in St. Johns is Woodless!.

I don't really know exactly what makes someone a hipster, but if it's skinny jeans, I want no part of it.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down