Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark)

3 posters

Go down

Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark) Empty Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark)

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:39 pm

IT HAS A FREAKING AQUARIUM IN IT: ESPN Video Tour

I'm just saying that our new baseball stadium should have one too!

Back to top Go down

Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark) Empty Re: Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark)

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:01 pm

We need those two 450 gallon tanks on the Bluff for Wally Pilot AND his boat!

I've never seen Glee, but I can tell the homerun celebrations are going to be SPECTACULAR! cherry
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11263
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark) Empty Re: Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark)

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:52 pm

Rolling Eyes

Fish tanks.... Glee-like home run celebrations? Sounds like they are really going for the serious sports fan....

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports_seasonticket/2012/04/see-the-miami-marlins-home-run-sculpture-in-action-video.html

Personally I have to say it is one of the dumbest thing I've ever seen... And I grew up watching a giant football helmet drive around a field whenever points are scored. I KNOW dumb.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:21 pm

That home run celebration device is understated and classy, just like everything else in Miami. At least, according to an interview I heard today, the ball park is so big that there won't be very many HRs.

What will the bill be to cool that place with AC?

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:43 pm

That home run "thing" is embarassing... wow.

The rest of the stadium? Completely excessive. If there is significant government money in it, as a Miami taxpayer, I wouldn't be too pleased...

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 pm

DoubleDipper wrote:I've never seen Glee, but I can tell the homerun celebrations are going to be SPECTACULAR! cherry
Seriously, that was it! After finally seeing the video, I was totally underwhelmed. The pin ball machine in my basement has far more lights, actions, and sounds.

Here's my Gusher (it's older than 90% of PN regulars; built in 1958 with real wood rails!). I don't know how many times I've lost to the dreadful "disappearing bumper."

Miami's New Stadium (ideas for our ballpark) Gusher10

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11263
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down