Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good

3 posters

Go down

Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good Empty Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Article on O-Live about Gonzaga's Mike Hart, a walk-on player from Jesuit HS. It includes comments from UP coaches:
The scouting report on Hart is simple -- keep him off the backboards.

"He knows, specifically, the way he helps Gonzaga win is to rebound on the offensive end and get his team extra possessions," Portland assistant Joel Sobotka said. "I think it's an incredible story, because you see a guy who has accepted a role on a team that's at that level. And Gonzaga recognizes the value that he brings to that team as well."

Hart could end up as an "X factor" in the NCAA Tournament.

"He's one of those guys that you always have on a championship caliber team that nobody pays attention to until the championship game," Pilots assistant Eric Jackson said. "He's been doing all the dirty work all year ‘round, and that tends to pay off on a big stage.

"It's those guys that make a difference in March, because all the secrets are out. It's the guy that you tend to forget about that ends up winning games this time of year."
The Pilots have gotten local players from Central Catholic over the years, but has a recruit from Jesuit ever come to play for UP?

Back to top Go down

Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good Empty Re: Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good

Post by Guest Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:13 pm

I just answered my own question. Erik Spoelstra attended Jesuit. Nevermind

Back to top Go down

Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good Empty Re: Zag Walk-on From Portland Makes Good

Post by mattywizz Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 am

Also, I believe the Pilots did land a player from La Salle in the early 2000s.
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:14 pm

mattywizz wrote:Also, I believe the Pilots did land a player from La Salle in the early 2000s.

If you mean De La Salle in the Bay Area (the one which is known for football), Ethan Niedermeier went there.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:58 pm

mattywizz wrote:Also, I believe the Pilots did land a player from La Salle in the early 2000s.

Costco Kirkwood!!!!!!
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down