Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NASCAR

4 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

NASCAR - Page 2 Empty Re: NASCAR

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:43 am

Sleep

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 am

RipCityPilot wrote: Sleep
Ah haw, it would seem you preferred the puppets..... confused
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11313
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:35 pm

The title of this thread would appear to be a spoiler alert as to the subject matter. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:49 pm

up7587 wrote:
The title of this thread would appear to be a spoiler alert as to the subject matter. Laughing
Ha, ha, ha, ha.....

Oooh, double points for that one....
NASCAR - Page 2 Spoile10
Although, this is the old style
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Interestingly, it seems Ryan Newman (#39 Army car), ran the race backwards last Sunday.
NASCAR - Page 2 Pir_fi10

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:54 pm

.....and the #24 car, Jeff Gordon, is $100,000 and 25 points poorer Evil or Very Mad

NASCAR - Page 2 Jeff_210
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:11 am

DoubleDipper wrote:.....and the #24 car, Jeff Gordon, is $100,000 and 25 points poorer Evil or Very Mad

NASCAR - Page 2 Jeff_210

Which will just about cover the cost of the tires on the 20 or whatever cars he wrecked.

No suspension.

NASCAR.... Rolling Eyes
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:26 am

I know a number of states have laws against texting and driving, but NASCAR's rules are even more restrictive (and stupid too).

So, while Gordon loses $100,000 for his wrecking Clint Boyer, points leader Brad Keselowski ends up being fined $25,000 for tweeting from his car while parked during the red flag period caused by Gordon wrecking Boyer.

Go figure!

NASCAR..... Rolling Eyes
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:26 am

Geezaldinho wrote:
DoubleDipper wrote:.....and the #24 car, Jeff Gordon, is $100,000 and 25 points poorer Evil or Very Mad

NASCAR - Page 2 Jeff_210

Which will just about cover the cost of the tires on the 20 or whatever cars he wrecked.

No suspension.

NASCAR.... Rolling Eyes
Actually, no suspension, no powertrain, and no aero package left on that car! Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:44 pm

Well, that was anticlimactic. Congratulations to NASCAR Sprint Cup Champion Brad Keselowski, and The Captain, Roger Penske.

And Jeff Gordon and Clint Boyer come in 1 and 2 in the race without wrecking (each other).....who’d a thunked it?

NASCAR - Page 2 Brad-k10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:18 pm

Gordon wins, when many thought he shouldn't even be driving today. And Johnson ends up in the garage, after winning so many races due to miracle recoveries by his crew. Dodge wins the championship, as they exit the sport.

And local driver Biffle starts at the back in his back-up car. I don't think his name was mentioned once all day in the broadcast, and he finishes up in fifth place. He also finished fifth in the season ending standings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Feb 12, 2013 12:04 am

Time to revive this thread! The pre-season kicks off Saturday night with The Sprint Unlimited (formerly the Budweiser Shootout), the race only open to drivers who qualified for a pole position last year. And then the week after, the real season starts with the Daytona 500! cheers

Also, just read an article on ESPN that Indianapolis Motor Speedway is considering adding lights and moving the Brickyard 400 in July to a Saturday night race. How cool would that be! Seems the July sun on the aluminum bleachers at IMS has resulted in reduced attendance by 55% since 2006.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Tue Feb 12, 2013 10:22 am

The best reason to attend the WCC Tournament in Las Vegas this year may be that NASCAR will be at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway March 8-10.
NASCAR - Page 2 Nascar10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:21 pm

And the first wreck of the season, in Daytona practice, is in the books.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bau2U3L96BI

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:00 pm

She was brought up to be the fastest driver, not the fastest girl.

On Sunday, none of the boys was faster than the girl.

Danica Patrick became the first woman to win the pole position for the Daytona 500, and in doing so, she also became the first woman to win a pole at any NASCAR top-division race.

This will be Danica’s first full year as a NASCAR Sprint Cup Driver after making 10 Sprint Cup starts in 2012. Patrick still qualifies as a rookie for the 2013 season, and she's the first rookie to win the Daytona 500 pole since Jimmie Johnson in 2002.

NASCAR - Page 2 Danica10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:24 am

NASCAR - Page 2 Dayton10

Race day! Couch Potato

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:52 pm

Wonderful win for "Cousin Carl" Edwards in Phoenix yesterday.

One of my two favorite drivers, Carl tied for the Nascar Championship in 2011 (it was awarded to Tony Stewart, who had more wins), but he was on a 70 race streak with no wins....so he needed this win for his sanity.

After wrecking FIVE of his race cars in the week leading up to the Daytona 500 last week, he was beginning to get recognition for all the wrong reasons.....now he's a winner again, and doing backflips off his #99 Subway Ford.
NASCAR - Page 2 Carl10

Now Edwards heads to Las Vegas, and not just for the WCC Tournament and golf, he'll be on the the 1.5-mile oval where his last previous victory came in 2011.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:55 pm

Also, the cheater Jimmie Johnson, who won last week, finished second this week. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:58 pm

Looks like a little bit of everything today.

I don't watch much NASCAR, but I know Tony Stewart is a man of his word. Twisted Evil
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:40 pm

That had to be the best race at Fontana I've ever seen. Logano and Hamlin side by side for the win, after fueding and fighting last week, then wrecking as Kyle Busch goes shooting past them. Riveting action! And Tony Stewart charging Logano afterwards, and then providing a cuss filled post race interview while promising to "bust his ass" because Joey blocked him. Of course, Tony blocked Waltrip at Talledega last year and caused a 25 car wreck. But nobody's allowed to block Tony.

Props to Camas' Greg Biffle for starting in the back due to an engine change, and racing through the field all day to end up fifth.

Oh yeah, and Dale Jr. is in the points lead, and nobody was talking about it due to all the other drama.

Last edited by up7587 on Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : getting the story straight)

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:42 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I don't watch much NASCAR, but I know Tony Stewart is a man of his word. Twisted Evil
Yea, I’m a Tony Stewart fan, but sometimes his temper precedes his brain in his decision making. I guess he went after Joey Logano in the pits today for blocking him on the last restart….just looked like typical restart mayhem to me.
NASCAR - Page 2 Autocl11
I used to attend the Fontana race every year, but the year I stay away it turns out to be one of the best races ever there. Again, I thought it was just hard racing that resulted in Denny Hamlin going into the wall during the final lap…..very, very scary. (Apparently Hamlin was alert after the race but was airlifted to the hospital with back pain).
NASCAR - Page 2 03-24-10
But Logano says, "That's what he gets," admitting he wrecked Hamlin to get revenge for an incident last Sunday when Hamlin turned Logano out of the race lead at Bristol Motor Speedway.....prompting an angry confrontation on pit road, followed by a war of words on Twitter....ooooohh!

It’s probably not over yet. That’s NASCAR!!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:22 pm

Finally!  After a one year absence from the winner's circle, Vancouver's own Greg Biffle wins the Michigan 400. 

It was Biffle's first win in a year, but his second straight Sprint Cup win at Michigan International Speedway.  In today's race he easily held off Kevin Harvick after points leader Jimmie Johnson cut a tire and smacked the wall with just two laps to go. It was the 1,000th victory for Ford Motor Company across NASCAR's three national series -- Cup, Nationwide and Truck.

Ahhh, Father's Day.....

NASCAR - Page 2 Biffle10
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:45 pm

When MacMurray blew a tire and shredded his fender while Biffle was in the pits, I figured he was screwed and Johnson would be in the lead. But he ended up not losing a lap, and Johnson had a slow pit stop. Looked like Knaus miscalculated how much fuel was needed, or they didn't save enough earlier. Anyway, glad to see the Biff get a win cheers, and it didn't hurt my feelings when Johnson cut a tire with 3 laps to go Twisted Evil.

Last edited by up7587 on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:41 pm

Another crash ending as they get to the finish line tonight at Daytona.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:01 am

Here’s Danica Patrick sideways behind #18 Kyle Busch…and that’s how she finished the race, sideways in 14th place.
NASCAR - Page 2 Danica10
I badly wanted Danica to get another top-10 at Daytona (she finished 8th in January), but that’s restrictor plate racing….the cars are all bunched after a restart and no one wants to give an inch.

On Saturday night, the race was fairly clean until a six-car accident with 11 laps remaining prompted a red flag and the restart that appeared to finish off about half the field of race cars/drivers.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next