Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots at LMU Saturday

+4
Lions90045
blacksheep
PilotNut
DoubleDipper
8 posters

Go down

Pilots at LMU Saturday  Empty Pilots at LMU Saturday

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:43 pm

UP at LMU @7pm – TV on Comcast Sports

LMU is favored by 15 (79-64) with a 90% probability.

Another good game on Saturday on BYUtv is St. Mary’s at BYU at 8:30pm PST. (Gonzaga will be at BYU on Thursday 2/2 on ESPN2 at 8pm PST before BYU heads to UP on Saturday 2/4) Smile
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11311
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Pilots at LMU Saturday  Empty Re: Pilots at LMU Saturday

Post by PilotNut Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:40 am

Things are going to get real interesting real fast... Very Happy

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:31 am

Just need to stay ahead of PU and SCU. Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 1:18 am

Portland Pilots (5-16, 2-6) at Loyola Marymount Lions (12-9, 5-3)

Date: Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012
Tip-off: 7:00 p.m.
Arena: Gersten Pavilion (4,156)
Television: CSN-NW/FSN-W
Radio: 800 AM
Overall Series: 40-44
At UP: 25-15
At LMU: 13-24
At Neutral: 2-5
Last: LMU 72, POR 68 (March 4, 2011 at Las Vegas)

ABOUT THE PILOTS
• Sophomore F Ryan Nicholas recorded his fourth double-double with 13 points and rebounds in the loss and leads the Pilots in scoring (11.3) and rebounding (7.7).
• UP underclassmen are accounting for 77 percent of the minutes played and 79 percent of the team’s scoring thus far.
• The Pilots played one of the most difficult non-conference schedules in the nation, including nine of 13 games away from the Chiles Center. Portland’s strength of schedule entering Friday is No. 10 nationally, tops in the WCC according to KenPom.com.

ABOUT LOYOLA MARYMOUNT
• After a road sweep of BYU (82-68) and Santa Clara (74-62) last week, the Lions (12-9, 5-3 WCC) dropped a 71-64 decision at home to No. 20 Saint Mary’s on Thursday.
• Senior F Drew Viney led the way against the Gaels with 18 points, while sophomore PG Anthony Ireland added 15 points and five assists.
• Signature non-conference wins for the Lions came against UCLA (69-58), Saint Louis (75-68). LMU also lost games to Florida State (77-61) and Harvard 77-67.
• Viney, who was named to the WCC Preseason All-Conference Team, is averaging 16.1 points per game. Ireland adds 15.8 ppg and is third in the WCC with 5.1 assists per game.
• Max Good is in his fourth season as the head coach of the Lions and posts a 44-71 overall record.
• Portland owns an 8-4 record over LMU under head coach Eric Reveno and have won three of the last five meetings.
• The Pilots won both regular season meetings a season ago, but the Lions knocked UP out of the WCC Tournament with a 72-68 win in the quarterfinals.

LINEUP NOTES
• Senior PG Eric Waterford (knee) is out for Saturday after suffering the injury last Saturday against San Francisco.
• Sophomore C Riley Barker has missed the last 14 games (knee) and will also not be available on Saturday.
• Head coach Eric Reveno has used eight different starting lineups this year.
• Sophomore Ryan Nicholas is the only Pilot to start all 21 games this year, while 11 different Pilots have started at least one game.
• Three different freshmen have started at least four games.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:21 pm

I don't have csn where I'm at tonight, so I'm counting on pn for my updates. Keep me posted Very Happy
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:34 pm

blacksheep wrote: I don't have csn where I'm at tonight, so I'm counting on pn for my updates. Keep me posted Very Happy
Priorities!

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:47 pm

up7587 wrote:
blacksheep wrote: I don't have csn where I'm at tonight, so I'm counting on pn for my updates. Keep me posted Very Happy
Priorities!
That's ok, I'll be enjoying some fresh crab while I read my pn updates Cheers!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Lions90045 Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Pretty good video coverage of the game is free on-line from the LMU website:
http://www.lmulions.com/allaccess/?media=290944

If that doesn't work directly, go to the Lions site and register (??). Then pick Mens basketball and "schedule." click on "watch" on the right hand side and enjoy. You'll hear our announcer's point of view.
Watch out for "raining Threes" and "get your umbrella" remarks. Or enjoying some "home-made" stuffing.

I'm expecting the Pilots to play a competitive game tonight. The Lions tend to "play down" and haven't won at home in the WCC yet. (OK we did play the Zags, BYU and SMC).
The spread is 13 and I'm betting the Pilots beat the spread.
Good luck Pilots!

Lions90045
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2012-01-08

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 7:45 pm

Halftime score... Pilots 31, LMU 31. Good to see the Pilots playing well on the road!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Lions90045 wrote:Pretty good video coverage of the game is free on-line from the LMU website:
http://www.lmulions.com/allaccess/?media=290944

Good luck Pilots!

Thanks lions. It's even quality video on my phone.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:41 pm

Kevin Bailey with 18 points so far... playing really well... lets finish this off... tied at 55.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Woohoo!

Tied at 59 with the ball.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:49 pm

Or without the ball.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:00 pm

Hmmm, I think would have gone for a quick 2... but what do I know.

A good showing by the Pilots on the road tonight, and we had our chance when tied at 59. Our defense gave LMU fits most of the game, but let a couple WIDE OPEN dagger 3's doom us. Bailey is going to be monster, Van der Mars is playing very well, Cason is picking it up... Rodgers is being more effective at the point.

I will admit to being a little worried earlier this year, but the potential of this team is really starting to show. I look forward to the potential to start converting to wins soon, but for now we just cant get over the hump.

Let's take it to SCU Thursday!

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by IronLions Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:05 pm

That was a gut wrencher. We were very lucky to get that one. I think out edge in the boards helped us. We had no answer for bailey. He gives the pilots tremendous athleticism. Pilots have a ton of young talent- good luck the rest of the way.
IronLions
IronLions
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-01-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:37 pm

Offense inside the last minute was a fail. Unforced turnover, then a 'no shot'. Was Nem a decoy, because he wasn't even looking to get in a place to shoot a three? Only ten turnovers, but the last was a killer. But this game was lost due to offensive rebounds; too many second chances.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:42 pm

Oh, yeah, the "best refs" came through again, catching Kevin Bailey fouling Drew Viney's elbow with his head. Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:00 pm

Rev's review:
Tough one against LMU. Just like Thursday scored more field goals but lost at FT line. They shot 15 more making 11 more. Lost by 3.
(via twitter)

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:40 pm

up7587 wrote:Rev's review:
Tough one against LMU. Just like Thursday scored more field goals but lost at FT line. They shot 15 more making 11 more. Lost by 3.
(via twitter)

Yeah, it was a tough one. This team still has the potential to be giant killers and knock off BYU or Saint Mary's for an upset win later this year, but, at some point we need to start putting it all together. I hope the guys are staying upbeat during the road trips despite the losses...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:45 pm

Late Three-Pointer Lifts LMU over Pilots, 62-59

LOS ANGELES, Calif. --- Loyola Marymount guard Jarred DuBois hit a game winning three-pointer with 17 seconds remaining to lead the Lions to a 62-59 win over the Portland Pilots on Saturday night at Gersten Pavilion. Portland freshman Kevin Bailey matched his season-high with 22 points in the loss.

The Pilots (5-17, 2-7 WCC) had the ball with less than one minute remaining and the game tied at 59-59, but miscommunication on a pass to the wing resulted in a turnover. The Lions (13-9, 6-3) took the shot clock down to the end before finding DuBois on the right wing for an uncontested three-pointer. After a timeout, Portland was unable to get a shot off as the Lions knocked the ball away at the top of the key as the final buzzer went off.

The game was tied 31-31 at halftime and the home Lions quickly grabbed the lead early in the second half. LMU would lead by as much as seven when sophomore Anthony Ireland hit a runner for a 46-39 lead with 12:59 remaining. Portland would fight back and tie the game on four occasions in the closing minutes, but could not get over the hump.

Bailey finished 9-of-12 from the field in his 34 minutes, matching his career-high set nine days ago against San Diego. Fellow freshman Thomas van der Mars added 10 points and five rebounds for the Pilots.

DuBois made 3-of-5 three-pointers to finish with a team-high 18 points for the Lions. Senior Drew Viney added 14 points, while sophomore guard Anthony Ireland was held to nine points, six below his average.

The game featured a total of 14 ties and 12 lead changes. Portland only committed 10 turnovers in the game, but was outrebounded by a 34-26 margin, including 14 offensive rebounds by the Lions. LMU was able to gain a 15-6 edge in second chance points. The Lions also made 18-of-26 free throws, compared to 7-of-11 for the Pilots. Portland shot 49 percent from the field for the game and held LMU to 42 percent shooting.

Portland will continue WCC play with a road game at Santa Clara on Thursday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Northwest and CSN Bay Area. The Pilots will return home two days later on Saturday, Feb. 4 for a 7 p.m. game against the BYU Cougars. That game will be televised live on BYUtv.

Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Thu Feb 02, 2012 8:20 am

PilotNut wrote:
Portland will continue WCC play with a road game at Santa Clara on Thursday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Northwest and CSN Bay Area.
Pretty sure the game is on ESPNU. If it's not, there goes my plan to watch ESPN3 via Xbox Live...
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:13 am

ShipstadPilot11 wrote:
PilotNut wrote:
Portland will continue WCC play with a road game at Santa Clara on Thursday. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. and the game will be televised on Comcast SportsNet Northwest and CSN Bay Area.
Pretty sure the game is on ESPNU. If it's not, there goes my plan to watch ESPN3 via Xbox Live...
OLD news SP11; if you go to this week's UP at SCU thread you'll see the correct TV info. 🐰
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11311
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down