Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tebow Time

+2
Geezaldinho
blacksheep
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Tebow Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Tebow Time

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:28 pm

Now I don't know if this happened, but I hope the media gave a little more attention to the insane finish in the 49ers game (on the anniversary of The Catch, no less) than to the Broncos getting worked.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:50 pm

With the Fightin' Tebows soundly eliminated, I guess this guuy will have to suffice: Trevor Bayne

Back to top Go down

Post by blacksheep Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:55 am

According to sources, Peyton Manning will become a Bronco. You thought it was bad before, it's about to get worse.

It's obvious that Elway has never liked Tebow, and Manning is his way to get rid of him. If Peyton really is healthy, this is a great move for Denver. If he's not healthy, Elway will never hear the end of it from Tebow fans. Personally, I'd be surprised if Manning makes it through a season.
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:18 am

If Archie’s son lands in the Mile-High City, Tim will head somewhere and be just fine (New England or Miami?). With a package of 20 plays or so, he can be involved in each game for his new team and be a huge help. He’s not a QB that is consistent, or even very good at throwing the ball. But for a change of pace, with a set of plays designed for him, Tebow will still have his time – just not as much as he had in Denver.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11314
Registration date : 2011-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:40 pm

It was interesting that during Peyton’s “introduction” new conference he was holding Frank Tripucka’s retired #18 jersey and there was no mention of Frank, the Broncos first quarterback.

But it turns out that before the Broncos signed Manning, Tripucka said he would happily allow Manning to wear No. 18. He told Manning the same thing over the phone Tuesday morning.

"I feel like he really wants me to wear his number," Manning said. "It was a very humbling conversation, and I am honored to wear his number, being another quarterback for the Denver Broncos."

On behalf of a grateful PilotNation, thank you Peyton for not drawing this out for weeks and weeks. You, sir, are not Brett Favre or that guy in Miami; we love you for that!
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Tebow to the NY Jets has been reported, but there is a snag on which team will pay his $5 salary advance. Stay tuned.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Oh no, maybe the Mayans were correct:

ESPN president John Skipper, in a startling turnabout, says the cable giant went "way overboard" on its Tim Tebow coverage and "needs to cut back on it."

The end is near.....
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:21 am

Tim is gone; no longer a member of the New York Jet after being released a couple of hours ago.

There were billboards outside the Lincoln Tunnel in New Jersey welcoming Tim Tebow to the Jets last year, and sandwiches named after him at Manhattan delis, but it turns out the highlight of Tim’s one year stay with the Jets was his shirtless running in the rain during training camp.
DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 am

They had 6 QBs on the roster. Not surprised they dropped him.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:48 am

Lots of people are assuming he'll just take over as the Montreal Alouettes' starting QB.

Sad reality is that his skill set doesn't exactly transfer seamlessly to the Canadian game. There are other available QBs that have similar or better upside and would come without the accompanying media circus...and yes, it would be a media circus all over again if he actually attends camp with a CFL team this year.

Back to top Go down

Post by DoubleDipper Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:28 pm

While it’s true the Alouettes own Tebow's rights in the CFL, Alouettes' general manager Jim Popp said if Tebow wants to come to Toronto it will be to compete for a backup spot behind starter Anthony Calvillo!

A more outlandish possibility could be a position with the Legends Football League, formerly known as the Lingerie Football League, known as the seven-on-seven league where women compete in uniforms consisting of helmets, shoulder pads, elbow pads, knee pads and lingerie.

If the reports are true, and I imagine they are, Tebow's agent, Jimmy Sexton, received a letter from Mitchell Mortaza, the league's commissioner on Monday, extending an offer for the former Jets' quarterback to become the league's national quarterback coach. tongue

DoubleDipper
DoubleDipper
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:11 pm

He's too late. I already applied.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:32 pm

PurpleGeezer wrote:He's too late. I already applied.
And your area of expertise is . . . ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:04 pm

Duh...you have to ask?

You should see my collection.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:39 am

So, apparently a lot of people figured out that between the Broncos getting thrashed by the Seahawks, and Tim Tebow getting plenty of exposure on the T-Mobile Super Bowl ads, the plight of the Broncos was divine retribution for their getting rid of Tebow. The Tebow Prophecy

Kicking myself for not seeing that one coming. Some more of that "hidden value" sports bettors are looking for.

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2