Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Win!

5 posters

Go down

Another Win! Empty Another Win!

Post by soccerjoy Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:20 pm

Congrats to the men for their 3-2 win this afternoon against Alabama Birmingham (ranked 23rd n some polls)!! Goals by Boggs (frosh), Nielsen and Carillo.

Go Pilots!!!!!! cheers cheers cheers

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Another Win! Empty Re: Another Win!

Post by UPPilots Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Unfortunately I couldn't get to the game but from what I heard the team gave a good performance. Did anybody get to see the match?

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2011-03-07

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:13 pm

The UAB website take on their 3 goals allowed:
With their three goals on the night, the Pilots found the back of the net more times than any team UAB has faced all season. That was due in large part to the absence of reigning Conference USA Defensive Player of the Week Mladen Lemez. The Blazers' central defender was forced to sit out of Friday night's contest due to an accumulation of yellow cards. He will be back in the lineup on Sunday against tournament host Washington.
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by UPPilots Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:06 pm

Well that happens in soccer, glad that the Pilots took their opportunities no matter who was playing on the field for UAB. Look forward to them keeping momentum and thumping Houston Baptist much like UW did. If that happens, it would be 3 wins on the trot heading into conference season, and momentum and confidence would be high

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by VillaGorilla Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Maybe I missed it, but I had no idea that there were NCAA regs concerning yellow card accumulation. Might be because our players infrequently get booked, but this took me by complete surprise.
VillaGorilla
VillaGorilla
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 405
Registration date : 2007-08-09

Back to top Go down

Post by UPPilots Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:50 pm

It's to keep the goons from just whacking people every game! I believe 5 yellows and then u have to sit a game. Then after another 3 yellows... or something like that

UPPilots
Recruit
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:52 pm

and here I thought it was after a total of 2 yellow cards in consecutive games, with no total accumulation...

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:50 pm

the whole skinny

12.11.1 Regular-Season Games. Any player(s) or coach(es) who has received a total of five cautions in one season shall be suspended and shall not participate in the next regularly scheduled game, including postseason games. Three additional cautions shall result in additional one-game suspensions. Each two additional cautions shall result in additional one-game suspensions.

If the total is reached in the final game of the season, the player(s), coach(es) and/or bench personnel shall not participate in the first postseason game and/or the first regularly scheduled game of the next season if his/her team does not participate in postseason play. Scrimmages and exhibition matches (including alumni games), scheduled or unscheduled, do not qualify as games with reference to players suspended for accumulated cautions.

Moreover, if the next regularly scheduled game is not played for any reason (and is later declared a forfeited game), the forfeited game shall not satisfy the game requirements for suspended players or coaches. If the total is reached in the final postseason game of the season, the players shall not compete in the first game of the next season. Suspended players or coaches shall serve their game suspensions in an actual contest.

also- one game for a red. Three games for a fighting red first offence, the rest of the season for a second fighting offence.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

thanks!

soccerjoy