Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dani Earns Preseason Award

+2
A_Fan
purple passion
6 posters

Go down

Dani Earns Preseason Award Empty Dani Earns Preseason Award

Post by purple passion Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:38 pm

From UP website:

PORTLAND, Ore. --- Portland Pilots senior Danielle Foxhoven, who tied for the team high last year in both goals and assists, has been named a Preseason All-American by Soccer America. Foxhoven enters her final season on The Bluff with 49 career goals, which ranks fourth all-time at UP.

The native of Littleton, Colo., was also named to the Preseason All-West Coast Conference Team.

As a junior last year, Foxhoven totaled 21 points on eight goals and five assists. She also registered two game-winners en route to All-WCC First Team honors. The forward/midfielder enters this season ranked third in program history in shots on goal per game (1.70), fifth in points per game (1.83) and goals per game (0.74), sixth in points (121) and tied for eighth in game-winners (12).

Foxhoven and the seventh ranked Pilots are set to open the 2011 season at home this Sunday against the No. 5 Florida State Seminoles. Kick off between UP and FSU is scheduled for 5 p.m. at Merlo Field at the Clive Charles Soccer Complex. Portland is the four-time defending WCC Champion and is favored once again to capture the conference crown.

I hope this isn't like the SI curse...because this young lady richly deserves any accolade she gets...IMHO
purple passion
purple passion
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 338
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Back to top Go down

Dani Earns Preseason Award Empty Re: Dani Earns Preseason Award

Post by A_Fan Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:52 pm

She is also on the Mac Hermann award watch list.
A_Fan
A_Fan
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1539
Registration date : 2007-09-10

Back to top Go down

Post by scrfn Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:42 pm

Anyone know why she was moved to mid field this year? Saw a practice and it looked like she was doing well there but she is such a natural at forward. Always in the right place at the right time making her such an asset. I was surprised to see her playing mid. Being the most experienced player with national team play and high goal score rating average is just impressive. Not to mention she only played half the game minutes Capelle did and still tied in highest scores. Just make sense that she should be up front in the forward position? I do not and have not researched to see if we are short in the recruit field for mid fielders the past couple but think it is poor planning to move her to mid. What is the coaching strategy here? Anyone?
scrfn
scrfn
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2009-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:57 pm

she was a mid most of last year...

i think part of the experimenting with the 4-3-3 was to get her more near the goal.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Kid Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:07 pm

Quote from Garrett in today's Oregonian Article: "Foxhoven is most comfortable with the ball and she's one of our best decision makers."
I assume this mean he wants her to have more touches.
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:10 pm

She also controls the ball very well, sees the field well, and passes well. She also can cover as much space as anyone on the team. In addition, the Pilots need a threat to score from the top of the box. Dani being there creates a huge threat. That will open up the forwards for more scoring opportunities.

I love her at attacking mid! Goal Celebration!
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down