Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots @ Montana 12/3 6 PM PST

+7
dholcombe
Rochin54
Rob's Jacket
onetouchfutbol
PilotNut
oh brody
DaTruRochin
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilots @ Montana 12/3  6 PM PST - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots @ Montana 12/3 6 PM PST

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm

up7587 wrote:I did not view or listen. But it looks like Rev really shortened the bench this game. Only 8 players total, and 4 starters played 31 to 36 minutes. Tanner was the only freshman to play, and only 7 minutes. Close game in a difficult road environment drove that, I suppose. But I think we 'll need several of those youngsters to contribute by the time conference games begin.

Yeah, I trust Rev to do a good job with it. I think that the rotation and minutes will probably go deeper at home than on the road. Many guys on our team will naturally have better shooting percentages inside of the Chiles Center than outside of it. In addition, the new guys still have to learn Rev's system and the 2-3 zone. It's really a debate among coaches about whether you should let new guys play through mistakes or bench them. Generally, I think Rev lets players play through mistakes and get minutes. Some mistakes are a little bit irritating though like fouling players who are behind the 3 point stripe just a few seconds before halftime (like one freshman did about 2 games ago). Not many of our players were defending Montana's Will Cherry effectively in the first half. He scored 13 of their 29 first half points...

Also, you've got to reward the guys who are playing surprisingly well like Jasonn. He's put in his dues, and he's taking advantage of the additional attention that Stohl and Sikma are receiving because of their success. I can't remember seeing him play as well as he has during the past 2 games in terms of having a high shooting percentage and just being patient and taking what's given to him inside.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Pilots @ Montana 12/3  6 PM PST - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots @ Montana 12/3 6 PM PST

Post by martymoose Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 am

Way to beat them in Missoula. It's a tough place to play. I'm not biased, but I hate, hate, hate the UM. ;-)

Looking forward to the Rose City Rivalry with you guys...
martymoose
martymoose
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2