Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke

5 posters

Go down

Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke Empty Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:10 pm

I luv when duke finally schedules a home game against a ranked occ opponent instead of a ivy league or coastal carolina type team!!! Vitale us such an awful analyst, its like listening to a tv guy from People magazine...he may as well just be a Duke home team announcer he's so BIAS!

mesapilot1 Very Happy

Last edited by MesaPilot1 on Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:37 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling)

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke Empty Re: Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:16 pm

I'm gonna screem the next time I hear VITALE say"I think the next three minutes is really important to this or that team". 20 years of his analysis us enough time to put a failed college and pro coach out to pasture in Florida... Evil or Very Mad

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke Empty Re: Isn't it great when WHENEVER you getno to root against Duke

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:20 pm

[quote="MesaPilot1"]I'm gonna screem the next time I hear VITALE say"I think the next three minutes is really important to this or that team". 20 years of his analysis us enough time to put a failed college and pro coach out to pasture in Florida... Evil or Very Mad [/quot

At least the student body is interesting, man I wish purple pride had one hundredth of their energy!!!

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:34 pm

MesaPilot1 wrote:he may as well just be a Duke home team announcer he's so BIAS!
But I thought ESPN was Duke's personal TV station during basketball season. Bad PC
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:44 pm

At least Jay Bilas has a reasonable excuse to be biased...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:59 am

A few things.

First of all, you have to respect Duke. They have an enrollment of about 6400 students which is tiny compared to most of the ACC and they are the cream of the crop in terms of college basketball. The brand of basketball they play is fundamental and quality. They took a chance on Coach K all those years ago and stuck with him when most wanted him fired after starting 38-47 in his first three seasons. If you didn't see it, and have a chance you should take a look at Duke: all access that played on ESPNU about a month ago you definitely should. If you love college basketball, you can't help but love what they do.

Also, how can you not love Dicky V BABY! He is truly a one of a kind character and while he loves Duke and doesn't have the greatest love for the mid-majors until they've won a game in the tournament he is great for college basketball. Someone who loves the sport as much as he does is a great ambassador for the game.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am

Congrats Duke, great game to watch..

Mesapilot1

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:34 am

Hahhahahahhahaha...

And while Dickie V's enthusiasm for the sport is commendable, that doesn't make him any less annoying as an announcer...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:01 pm

DaTruRochin wrote:And while Dickie V's enthusiasm for the sport is commendable, that doesn't make him any less annoying as an announcer...

Let's not get carried away here. Dickie V's no Craig Ehlo.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:06 pm

Yeah, you're right... DV yells more and stammers less...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by DTLegend Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:35 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:
DaTruRochin wrote:And while Dickie V's enthusiasm for the sport is commendable, that doesn't make him any less annoying as an announcer...

I agree. I cannot stand Ehlo. Even my brother, a GU alum, is sympathetic to any non-Gonzaga fan who has to endure an Ehlo broadcast.

DTLegend
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 385
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:57 pm

Rob's Jacket wrote:

Could be worse. You could have a men's soccer announcer who's really a Zag fan AM I RIGHT STONEHOUSE? lol!
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down