Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pilots vs. Rick Majerus & the SLU Billikens

+9
ShipstadPilot11
VillaGorilla
PurplePrideTrumpet
onetouchfutbol
blacksheep
Geezaldinho
DaTruRochin
Stonehouse
PilotNut
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pilots vs. Rick Majerus & the SLU Billikens - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs. Rick Majerus & the SLU Billikens

Post by Rob's Jacket Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:05 am

This is a really important win, especially considering how we got it. As the self-proclaimed president of the Jasonn Hannibal Fan Club, I'm having a particularly enjoyable morning. Very Happy

I absolutely LOVE how dominant we've become at home. But the real test of maturity for this team will be how they play on the road. The Montana game on Friday is key. It's a quality mid-major opponent - they held Idaho to 33 points on 12 percent shooting (6-50) - in a hostile gym.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Pilots vs. Rick Majerus & the SLU Billikens - Page 2 Empty Re: Pilots vs. Rick Majerus & the SLU Billikens

Post by blacksheep Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:50 am

PilotNut wrote:The teletubbies were great... I wish all the students would show that much energy during the games!

The students are making some progress. At least there are some butts in the seats. The problems is that they never get off their butts and cheer. Beating a Dead Horse

I have come up with an idea though. DTR, R54, and Stoney need to put together a cheesy 80's style PSA to educate the students on the proper way to root for the Pilots. We can play it during games on the new scoreboard. Very Happy I loved the student section when those guys were in school. Party!!!
blacksheep
blacksheep
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1253
Registration date : 2009-03-11

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:39 pm

blacksheep wrote:
PilotNut wrote:The teletubbies were great... I wish all the students would show that much energy during the games!

The students are making some progress. At least there are some butts in the seats. The problems is that they never get off their butts and cheer. Beating a Dead Horse

I have come up with an idea though. DTR, R54, and Stoney need to put together a cheesy 80's style PSA to educate the students on the proper way to root for the Pilots. We can play it during games on the new scoreboard. Very Happy I loved the student section when those guys were in school. Party!!!
Oh, the things I've said to the other team when I was sitting courtside. If I didn't get the death stare from Dr. C at least once a season I figured I wasn't doing my job well enough. geek

I'm getting old, and the new section is too far from the court for the other team to hear me. It's time for the youngsters to step up.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilot60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:51 pm

Can someone explain why the box score is set up with Min played at the end and points buried in inside the box, why isn't it done the traditional way? Just seems odd

Pilot60
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:18 pm

just to piss you off.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:11 pm

up7587 wrote:Anyone have info on why Riley Barker did not play and was on the exercycle tonight?

Also, what happened to the Tanner Riley we saw in the AIA tourney? He has disappeared since then.

Yeah, I think Tanner Riley is bound to have some times when he excels and others when he plays like a freshman. Rev might have got slightly frustrated with his foul on their guy who was behind the three point stripe to end the first half. It wasn't his smartest play as a Pilot so far. We've got such a deep team now that it's hard to get everyone minutes, especially when other shooters like Mitrovic are stroking it...

As far as Riley Barker goes, it's tough for him to get as many minutes if Hannibal is having one of his best games of the year...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by MesaPilot1 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:00 pm

onetouchfutbol wrote:
up7587 wrote:Anyone have info on why Riley Barker did not play and was on the exercycle tonight?

Also, what happened to the Tanner Riley we saw in the AIA tourney? He has disappeared since then.

Freshman, Bob Knight, a good coach but a Prick of a abrasive jerk, hardly ever relied on freshman. Even in this day and age of Kevin Loves, John Walls, Derrick Roses they are an exception to the rule.....This just shows the growth in the program from 4 yrs ago when three freshman let us enjoy a 9-22 record...I'll stick with the seniors their much more consisitant, wiley, experienced, Just look at even JASONN last game...

Mesapilot1

Yeah, I think Tanner Riley is bound to have some times when he excels and others when he plays like a freshman. Rev might have got slightly frustrated with his foul on their guy who was behind the three point stripe to end the first half. It wasn't his smartest play as a Pilot so far. We've got such a deep team now that it's hard to get everyone minutes, especially when other shooters like Mitrovic are stroking it...

As far as Riley Barker goes, it's tough for him to get as many minutes if Hannibal is having one of his best games of the year...
afro

MesaPilot1
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1152

Back to top Go down

Post by Pilot60 Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:21 pm

Oh

Pilot60
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by dholcombe Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:52 am

I was glad to see our bigs step up and dominate when a team decided to defend the perimeter. It's real nice to have options. I'm also thankful St. Louis was so bad from the free throw line or the game would have been a real nail biter at the end.

dholcombe
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 684
Registration date : 2009-11-27

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2