Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UP-UW-Milwaukee

+3
ShipstadPilot11
PurplePrideTrumpet
PilotDrummer
7 posters

Go down

UP-UW-Milwaukee Empty UP-UW-Milwaukee

Post by PilotDrummer Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:22 pm

Most of us are stuck at work...I'm working from home and therefore am streaming the game. Hooray! Lisa Sari is on the halftime show right now.

40-26 at Halftime.

Biggest lead 21 points.
7:24 before any basket by UW-Milwaukee.
Stohl leads Pilots with 9. I think 6 Pilots had points in the half.
PilotDrummer
PilotDrummer
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 509
Location : Check behind the basket or in the drum squad. I probably have a cowbell.
Registration date : 2007-11-18

Back to top Go down

UP-UW-Milwaukee Empty Re: UP-UW-Milwaukee

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:17 pm

How do we sound? It was always going to be tough with the two loudest trumpets at their day jobs.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ShipstadPilot11 Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:33 pm

80-60 Pilot Victory!!!
ShipstadPilot11
ShipstadPilot11
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 901
Registration date : 2009-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:16 pm

Here's a link to the box score:

http://www.portlandpilots.com/custompages/Basketball-M/2010-11/pormbb01.htm

Our two freshman (Tanner and Douglas) tied for the lead in assists in this game with 5 each. I like that... Very Happy
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Tanner Riley looked REALLY good... he contributed significantly in his first game.

Tim Douglas played well, as did Barker and Nicholas in just a few minutes.

Stohl made some crazy 3's, and his release is even quicker this year!

I was pleasantly surprised at how well we played tonight, and hope that we can go 3-0 this weekend!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Rob's Jacket Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 pm

I was only able to watch about fifteen minutes of the game total, but from what I did see, I was amazed at how smooth the offense was running - it looked like we were in midseason form.

A win over a 20 win team returning four starters?! What a terrific way to start the season!!

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 875

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:08 pm

The best part was freshman play. I expected the seniors to do well, but I didn't really know what we would get out of the freshmen.

No "deer in the headlight" look from any of them. they made some mistakes, but they will contribute a lot this year.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:26 pm

I thought the difference between the Concordia game and today's game was stunning. The team looked much better. I don't know if the competition was just not as good, or if there were lots of jitters that got out of their system.

We got our first look at Ryan Nicholas today, and Kory Thieleke also got a couple minutes. So only John Bailey has not played so far (and Taylor Mossman). I wonder if Bailey might be redshirting?

I stayed to watch the second game between FAU and UC-Davis. Neither team shot well, lots of complaints about officiating, both benches got T's. It will be interesting to see how they improve over the next two games.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:43 pm

This LINK includes a video of comments by Coach Jeter about the game. I gather he felt UW-M didn't play with discipline, didn't play their game.

Back to top Go down

Post by PilotNut Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:12 am

Game Recap:

Men’s Hoops Opens Season with Decisive Win over Milwaukee

PORTLAND, Ore. --- The Portland Pilots led from start-to-finish and opened the 2010-11 men’s basketball season with an 80-60 victory over UW-Milwaukee in the opening game of the Athletes in Action Classic Friday afternoon at the Chiles Center. Senior guard Jared Stohl led four Pilots in double figures with 15 points, going 5-for-9 from the three-point line. Senior forward Luke Sikma contributed a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.

The Pilots (1-0) also got a big boost off the bench from freshman guard Tanner Riley, who finished with 14 points, five assists and no turnovers in 23 minutes of action. Junior Nemanja Mitrovic added 11 points and five rebounds.

Portland jumped out to an 11-0 lead as Sikma began the scoring with a putback and later hit a three-pointer during the run. Riley came off the bench to cap the rally with consecutive jumpers for his first collegiate points. The margin would grow to 17-2 on a three-pointer by Stohl. Another trey by Stohl late in the half gave the Pilots their largest lead of the game at 40-18, but two late three-pointers by Tone Boyle and Lonnie Boga brought the Panthers within 40-26 at the half.

Milwaukee would pull within nine points on three occasions early in the second period, but the Pilots quickly pushed the margin back to 17 points on a Riley three-pointer with 10:37 remaining. The outcome was never in doubt thereafter.

Portland held the Panthers (0-1) to 34 percent shooting for the game and 6-of-22 from three-point range. The Pilots connected on 48 percent from the field and finished 10-of-21 from beyond the arc. UP made 16-of-18 free throws compared to 10-of-18 for the Panthers.

Boyle paced Milwaukee with 13 points, while Anthony Hill contributed 11.

Many freshmen had their first taste of Division I action for the Pilots, and all played well off the bench. Point guard Tim Douglas finished with eight points and five assists in 24 minutes. Center Riley Barker had two points, five rebounds and two blocked shots in 10 minutes. Forward Ryan Nicholas added four points, four rebounds and two steals in seven minutes of action, while Korey Thieleke got his first action with two minutes off the bench. Sophomore JC transfer Derrick Rodgers grabbed two rebounds in six minutes of action.

Portland has little time for rest and relaxation as they are scheduled for three games in three days as host of the Athletes in Action Classic. Saturday’s slate features Florida Atlantic vs. UW-Milwaukee at 4:30 p.m., followed by the Pilots vs. UC Davis at 7 p.m. Sunday concludes the tournament with Milwaukee vs. UC Davis at 3 p.m. and Portland vs. Florida Atlantic at 5:30 p.m.

Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 4259

Back to top Go down