Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP

3 posters

Go down

[strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP Empty [strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP

Post by Geezaldinho Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:57 pm

I like the symmetry with the last result.

This one was a a back and forth game where the UP men looked alternately outplayed and in reasonable control of the game, but with no scoring in regulation.

Overtime treated UP fans to a bit of revenge for last week's game. The keeper mis-hit goal kick in the 96th minute that Ben Hemphill pounced on and broke towards goal like daddy was taking a switch to him for a 1v1 finish.

Fun ending. I suspect the LMU SMC keeper will make some psychologist very rich with the counseling sessions he will need on his way to recovery from this game.

Best moment - the look the ref gave the LMU SMC coach when he complained about a yellow card. a perfect mixture of pity, disdain, and disgust. that CR paid attention during those Italian league referee seminars...

Sunday's game is a Pepperdine double header with the women. Should be fun.

Last edited by Geezaldinho on Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:11 am; edited 4 times in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

[strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP Empty Re: [strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:02 am

I agree with most of your points. I will respectfully disagree with the notion we paid back LMU, however. The SMC Gaels on the other hand will probably feel hard done by this result. Wink
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

[strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP Empty Re: [strike]LMU[/strike] SMC men drop one to UP

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Oct 16, 2010 12:04 am

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:I agree with most of your points. I will respectfully disagree with the notion we paid back LMU, however. The SMC Gaels on the other hand will probably feel hard done by this result. Wink

details... always details.... Embarassed

I though the color of red was a little off...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by soccerjoy Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:35 am

it was an exciting game, occasionally heart-stopping, when the Gaels were on the attack, but what a finish! cheers cheers cheers

We're looking forward to Sunday!

soccerjoy
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Number of posts : 160
Registration date : 2009-11-22

Back to top Go down