Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2010 Recruits

+10
purple haze
onetouchfutbol
AspenPilot
fan from afar
Harry Redknapp
Geezaldinho
Poopdeck Pappy
Indigo Kid
gnarly
harryb
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2010 Recruits - Page 2 Empty Re: 2010 Recruits

Post by SoreKnees Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:32 pm

From last year, Courtney Verloo (Stanford) would be the most likely example. There was also an FC Portland player (Kate Beaudoin) who went to Santa Clara. I don't know for sure, but judging by the quality of the programs to which they went, you'd expect that UP might have been interested.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:57 am

There is more to college than playing soccer - can't believe I said that but it's true. Some kids want to get away: fair enough. I think that it is great for UP to have a local element to the team.

Tiffany will live in our hearts for ever. Someone like Emily Michaelson is a great story and beloved of our section for the wonderful way she grew from deer-in-the-headlights freshman to strong senior. The take-down of Kara Lang is one of our favorite defensive plays ever.

The 2009 team had Jessica and Kendall starting. Elinor, Taylor, Kristin all featured; and Megan and Janelle are semi-local. I hope that Kendall's success will encourage others to make the move. Sarah Bridges is in the 2010 class. I've heard that Emily Sippel (?) from Westview could be the same level of talent in 2011.
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Sat Dec 19, 2009 3:52 pm

Yes, so true there is more to college to playing soccer for sure. I could never argue with anyone for choosing Stanford over UP. Though, I personally feel like class sizes and other things separate the WCC and a smaller private school from the Pac-10 experience...at least in the undergraduate experience. I think that's how we drew Kelsey away from UCLA. She's the classic player who fit the UP mold with her interest in soccer, social work, and volunteer service.

Of course, colleges have their specialties, etc. too...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Indigo Kid Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:37 pm

Short blurb from topdrawer soccer, Disney Soccer Showcase:

In a U18 Showcase Final, Eclipse Select finished a strong week, defeating Minnesota side Woodbury Inferno 2-0 in overtime. Portland-bound goalkeeper Erin Dees surrendered just one goal over the four matches.
Indigo Kid
Indigo Kid
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 322
Registration date : 2008-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Harry Redknapp Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:18 pm

Could be very interesting to see how good the two freshmen are and if Hailee is the starter. She has to have the inside track by virtue of experience but ...
Harry Redknapp
Harry Redknapp
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 753
Registration date : 2007-09-15

Back to top Go down

2010 Recruits - Page 2 Empty 2010 Recruits

Post by Psychotic Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:42 am

Michelle Cruz one of our 2010 recruits will join the U.S. Under-18 Women’s National Team first training camp of 2010 from Jan. 10-17 at The Home Depot Center in Carson, California.

http://www.ussoccer.com/News/U-18-WNT/2010/US-U18-Womens-National-Team-Starts-the-Year-at-The-Home-Depot-Center.aspx

Psychotic
Recruit
Recruit

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2009-05-20

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:10 pm

Sarah Bridges has been named to the ESPN Rise All American first team. 2011 recruit Rebekah Kurle to the second team. Link: http://sports.espn.go.com/highschool/rise/soccer/news/story?id=4824539
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1868
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2