Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PILOTS RANKED #25!!!

+17
VillaGorilla
HRZag
mattywizz
martymoose
pilotpurple
letsgopilots11
mikemac65
Geezaldinho
Rob's Jacket
PilotDrummer
PilotNut
GoZags
pilotram
DaTruRochin
Rochin54
Urika
Stonehouse
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

PILOTS RANKED #25!!! - Page 2 Empty Re: PILOTS RANKED #25!!!

Post by pilotram Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:07 pm

VillaGorilla wrote:I've done nothing but smile all day since I checked the rankings this morning. I've been going to games regularly since before I can remember (over twenty years) and all those hard years of bitter disappointment make this recognition of our ascent into relevancy all the more sweet. I can't wait to see our nationally ranked team take the floor on Wednesday. Awesome!
I'd love to see a video of the crowd response when UP is announced at that game as the "nationally ranked Pilots." I hope Chiles is packed!!
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by pilotram Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:08 pm

Half a century is a long time to wait.
pilotram
pilotram
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1136
Registration date : 2009-02-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:11 pm

especially if you are less than 50 years old
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11810
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:22 pm

It looks like we lost to DePaul in the tourney in 1959 according to wikipedia...12 years before I was conceived.
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:43 pm

Stonehouse wrote: As excited as I am, I had to take a moment and think about what a journey it's been... so many disappointments, seemingly endless years of futility, and now we are truly among the best. What a wonderful accomplishment for the staff and the team... I am so proud of them and what they have done on The Bluff. Words can't really describe the mix of emotions I'm feeling right now... what a wonderful day to be a Pilot fan.
Like Stonehouse, I've been with this team since the last time it went to the Dance. I was only 14 at the time but I still remember how cool it felt. I've watched a lot of games over the years, some good, some bad, but I always kept following the Pilots. Switching teams because one is not doing so well is not how I operate.

And now this happens. It's a happy coincidence I discovered the Mid-Majority blog through a post here this weekend because there is some outstanding writing there, this essay included:

In matters of life, love, or money, no yield is ever guaranteed. But with spectator sports, you get out what you put in, and that's bankable truth. The amount of time you spend on the thrillcoaster will parallel the size of your payoff. It'll determine the depth of your feeling. And isn't that why we do this, for the feeling?

What a great ride it's been so far, and I think it's only going to get better.
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by ExpatPilot Sat Nov 30, 2019 6:10 am

Stonehouse wrote:In the AP Poll:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/rankings

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!!

As excited as I am, I had to take a moment and think about what a journey it's been... so many disappointments, seemingly endless years of futility, and now we are truly among the best. What a wonderful accomplishment for the staff and the team... I am so proud of them and what they have done on The Bluff. Words can't really describe the mix of emotions I'm feeling right now... what a wonderful day to be a Pilot fan.

10 years ago today...

ExpatPilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2015-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dean Murdoch Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:33 pm

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings/_/week/4/year/2010/seasontype/2

And here we are hoping to squeak into the Mid Major Top 25 at some point! (Hey, the Pilots got 1 vote this week in that poll)
Dean Murdoch
Dean Murdoch
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1788
Registration date : 2015-01-20

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2