Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis

+2
fozziewozzie
DaTruRochin
6 posters

Go down

Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis Empty Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm

http://www.oregonlive.com/pilots/index.ssf/2009/11/pilots_goalkeeper_kelsey_davis.html

Nicely sums up everything we already know about our absolute gem of a keeper...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis Empty Re: Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis

Post by fozziewozzie Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:52 pm

dtr,
thank you so much for posting this!! i have just watched a kgw piece on the game tomorrow night vs denver and they had sound bites from dani, michelle e an kelsey. the thing that struck me most was how soft spoken kelsey actually is! after listeng to her for the last three years barking out at her teammates, i was stunned. as was i when i found out at senior day she is a theology major. what a treasure we have. and i couldnt agree with garrett more. she is, hands down, the best keeper we have ever seen on the bluff!!
fozziewozzie
fozziewozzie
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 376
Registration date : 2007-11-04

Back to top Go down

Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis Empty Re: Latest Oregonian article RE: Kelsey Davis

Post by purple haze Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:58 am

Least season I believed that the Pilots would advance as far as Megan Rapinoe could take them. This year Kelsey is the senior who will be most crucial to the team's hopes. As the quality of the playoff opponents rise and the scores get tighter, Kelsey can be the difference-maker. After a season in which she has spent entire games barely being tested she has the chance to rise above and remind us all what she can do. I think of Corey Alexander in 2005 and how she just dominated the goal for that championship team.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 749
Registration date : 2008-02-11

Back to top Go down

Post by SoreKnees Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:04 am

Excellent point, ph. I think she was a difference-maker last night, with a very difficult save early when the game was still scoreless. When I saw Bast (12 goals on the season) spin away from the defense with a clear shot from 15 yards, I was sure that we were going down 1-0. Kelsey was superb.
SoreKnees
SoreKnees
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 678
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:29 am

Yes, if Denver had taken an early 1-0 lead, that would have changed things -- even though I think in the long run the Pilots would still have run away with the game. As the stakes rise, giving up the game's first goal becomes increasingly bad strategy!
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Stonehouse Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:34 am

Definitely was a great article, but doesn't even scratch the surface of all the volunteer work Kelsey has done. I'm not going to talk about specifics since she may not want it publicized, but I know that she has spent countless hours of her time helping those in need well above and beyond what has been included in any articles I've seen.

She really is an amazing person... truly a role model on and off the court.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by purple haze Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:37 am

I've seen a goalkeeper's T-shirt that reminds me of Kelsey's on-field mission: "My Goal ... Is To Deny Yours" -- may it be so.
purple haze
purple haze
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:40 am

purple haze wrote:Yes, if Denver had taken an early 1-0 lead, that would have changed things -- even though I think in the long run the Pilots would still have run away with the game. As the stakes rise, giving up the game's first goal becomes increasingly bad strategy!

Yeah, who came up with that strategy, anyway? I'll bet they aren't coaching much anymore...
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11811
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down