Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Opening weekend

Go down

Opening weekend Empty Opening weekend

Post by Geezaldinho Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:17 am

This first weekend will be the only time in quite a while to see the men Play until the conference schedule when we play San Diego October 9th. Didn't this happen last year also? It would be nice to actually see our team play.

They open with perenial Power Virginia on Friday, and with St Louis on Sunday.

To kick things off, I found this little blurb on Virginia, which just may be a little good news for UP.

Preseason campaign a total loss for Virginia
MEN'S NEWS ... Virginia won't get out of Charlottesville fast enough and get on with the regular season. The Cavaliers lost their third straight preseason exhibition, falling to West Virginia, 2-0, on Saturday night at Kloeckner Stadium. The defeat followed losses last week to George Mason (1-0) and Old Dominion (3-1).

"I think if we get guys motivated and going we will be fine," Virginia coach George Gelnovatch said. "The other part of it is going to be getting a couple guys healthy." The Cavs open the regular season this weekend at the Nike Portland Invitational, where they will face Portland and Washington.

Of course, they could find themselves here in the friendly confines of Merlo.

I hope not.
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11812
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down