Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Website: RPI for Division I Women's Soccer

+8
gnarly
Stonehouse
onetouchfutbol
Geezaldinho
FANatic
aleppiek
DaTruRochin
UPSoccerFanatic
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Website: RPI for Division I Women's Soccer - Page 4 Empty Re: New Website: RPI for Division I Women's Soccer

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Apr 10, 2010 12:04 am

Hey you PilotNation masters, it seems to me this thread could be unstickied.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

New Website: RPI for Division I Women's Soccer - Page 4 Empty Re: New Website: RPI for Division I Women's Soccer

Post by gnarly Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:16 pm

UPSF,

On the new and improved nc-soccer schedule site that is linked out at BS I had some questions:

What is the OS column. I assume the number below this column is the average. What about the number under the records of a similar magnitude. Also, is the RPI # listed after the end of regular season?

Interesting site and man lots of work this guy does. He almost has all the 2010 schedules in.

thx

gnarly
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezaldinho Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:46 am

gnarly wrote:UPSF,

On the new and improved nc-soccer schedule site that is linked out at BS I had some questions:

What is the OS column. I assume the number below this column is the average. What about the number under the records of a similar magnitude. Also, is the RPI # listed after the end of regular season?

Interesting site and man lots of work this guy does. He almost has all the 2010 schedules in.

thx

Opponent strength from the previous year.

It's basically the second and third elements of the RPI.

It's a great site. and he gets the results up faster than either the "official" GoCollegeSoccer or the old SIS site. often it's within minutes.

From a discussion on this thread in BS
http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1453298

Each of the team pages breaks down the opponents, their opponents records (average winning percentage), and the 'opponents strength'... which is calculated as 1/4 of the element 2 (*2) and element 3 (*1)... from your previous end of season spreadsheets (Woohoo for open information, cpthomas! :-) ). If you take the OS and 1/4 of a teams predicted winning percentage it should give a reasonable guess at the relative RPI value.

The website also gives previous seasons if I have them available so you can possibly see trends for opponents.

Example page for UNC:

http://www.nc-soccer.com/wsoccer/2010/schedule/1
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11806
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by UPSoccerFanatic Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Yes, Gnarly, that is a great website. Interestingly enough, there's a UNC/UP fan collaboration going on to advance DI women's soccer! A couple of us out here are involved. It's great reaching beyond our individual fan loyalties to do what we can to push DI women's college soccer overall.
UPSoccerFanatic
UPSoccerFanatic
All-WCC
All-WCC

Number of posts : 1867
Registration date : 2007-10-31

http://sites.google.com/site/rpifordivisioniwomenssoccer/

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4