Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Speaking of RPI

3 posters

Go down

Speaking of RPI Empty Speaking of RPI

Post by Rochin54 Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:45 am

According to realtimerpi, our victory over Seattle U is not getting counted. Am I mistaken that they are DI this year, just an independant? If they are indeed DI, that win should be counted. Not sure if it would help or hurt the RPI, but it's at least another W that should be on the record.
Rochin54
Rochin54
First man off the Bench
First man off the Bench

Number of posts : 682
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Back to top Go down

Speaking of RPI Empty Re: Speaking of RPI

Post by Geezaldinho Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:57 am

Rochin54 wrote:According to realtimerpi, our victory over Seattle U is not getting counted. Am I mistaken that they are DI this year, just an independant? If they are indeed DI, that win should be counted. Not sure if it would help or hurt the RPI, but it's at least another W that should be on the record.

They are playing a mix of D1 and D2 teams this year Their current record is 12-6. Of those 12 wins, 5 are against D1 competition. For their games to count, they need to play nearly all their games at the D1 level.

When they made the transition to D1, they were allowed to fast track 1 men's and 1 women's sport. I think they picked Soccer, because in the case of the Women this fall, their games did count in the RPI. They played only 2 or 3 D2 teams. They had a very respectable 12-5-3 record their first year. They will be tournament eligible in the 2010 season, I think.

According to the Seattle U blog, it could be possible for them to be D1 in all sports in the 2009-2010 season.

Last edited by Purplegeezer on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Geezaldinho
Geezaldinho
Pilot Nation Legend
Pilot Nation Legend

Number of posts : 11810
Location : Hopefully, having a Malbec on the square in Cafayate, AR
Registration date : 2007-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by onetouchfutbol Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:15 am

I hope that Seattle U. joins the WCC soon. I think that would be good for the league. I'd love to see UP vs. Seattle U in Key Arena sometime in the future. I think a lot of the old timers in the greater Seattle area would be intrigued to see Jack Sikma's son, Luke, play... Plus, it would be good for the WCC to see Elgin Baylor attending some games. I'm imagining both Jack Sikma and Elgin Baylor in attendance for the rivalry. Probably a pipe dream, but, a cool one...
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Rochin54 Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:18 am

Thanks Geez. That makes sense.
Rochin54
Rochin54