Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!!

2 posters

Go down

Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!! Empty Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!!

Post by Stonehouse Mon Feb 16, 2009 11:49 pm

Wow! I know we already have a media thread, but I thought this one deserved it's own heading. Check it out:

http://www.oregonlive.com/pilots/index.ssf/2009/02/coach_eric_reveno_is_showing_t.html

It's the main featured sports story on OregonLive... I wonder if it will be front page tomorrow?

http://www.oregonlive.com/

Here's the best line... man I love seeing stuff like this. And I believe him too!

"If people are surprised now," Reveno said, "wait until we get to be at the top of the conference every year."

I've got to say... Jim Beseda has been awesome with his coverage this season. And not only that, but did you all notice that his datelines this last weekend were from San Francisco and Moraga? He traveled with the team! When's the last time an Oregonian beat writer has done that?

I know some people were belly-aching about story placement (especially for the GU game) and rightly so, but you've got to hand it to the Oregonian - they are giving us some nice coverage this season. Goes to show what winning a few games will do! I just hope that all this press will help us get into the conversation with some local players. Would love to see some Oregon kids on the roster in coming years.
Stonehouse
Stonehouse
Draft Pick
Draft Pick

Number of posts : 3242
Registration date : 2007-06-07

Back to top Go down

Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!! Empty Re: Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!!

Post by DaTruRochin Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:04 am

Great piece! It's been nice to read things in the team that go beyond the box score by a writer who obviously has been paying due dilligence in following the squad this year. If attention like this and results on the court can keep some of the great talent of the Portland and the rest of the PNW playing ball here I think we could definitely see that "program" Rev keeps mentioning really develop.
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!! Empty Re: Coach Rev Top Story on OregonLive!!!

Post by Guest Tue Feb 17, 2009 12:18 am

We'll know we have a program in place when we are seriously considered by local players. I really like that Coach Rev says we are not a good program yet. Let's see a few years of sustained improvement and progress, and a strong foundation so that if(when) Rev does move on, we don't collapse again.

Back to top Go down