Pilot Nation
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors

+2
onetouchfutbol
Auto Pilot
6 posters

Go down

13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors Empty 13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors

Post by Auto Pilot Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:46 pm

SAN BRUNO, Calif. --- 13 University of Portland student-athletes were named to the 2008 West Coast Conference Fall All-Academic teams, released today. The WCC All-Academic teams honor some of the league’s finest examples of the consummate scholar-athlete. Santa Clara led the way with a conference-high 15 student-athletes named to the fall academic teams.

The Pilots women’s soccer team led everyone with five honorees

WOMEN’S SOCCER
Lacey Bartels, LMU, JR, 3.72, Natural Science
Kiki Bosio, SCU, JR, 3.87, Accounting
Ashley Copp, PEP, SR, 3.54, Business Admin.
Kelsey Davis, POR, JR, 3.39, Theology
Michelle Enyeart, POR, JR, 3.40, Sociology
Kim Feeney, LMU, JR, 3.91, Comm. Studies
Kelcey Goddard, GON, JR, 3.42, Physical Education
Kristina Hall, USF, JR, 3.28, Architecture
Amanda Lernor, LMU, SR, 3.30, Natural Science
Megan Rapinoe, POR, SR, 3.27, Sociology
Elli Reed, POR, SO, 3.56, Undeclared
Katherine Reynolds, SCU, JR, 3.24, Political Science
Amanda Rupp, PEP, SR, 3.52, Integrated Mktg.
Kayla Stolte, PEP, SR, 3.32, Math
Jessica Tsao, POR, SO, 3.98, Biology

Congrats ladies and to the rest of the Pilots that made it.

*from PortlandPilots.com*
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down

13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors Empty Re: 13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors

Post by onetouchfutbol Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Wow, Jessica with the 3.98! Better work hard on the other .02 next season.

Goal Celebration!

(Just kidding...)
onetouchfutbol
onetouchfutbol
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2203
Registration date : 2008-10-05

Back to top Go down

13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors Empty Re: 13 Pilots Earn WCC Fall Academic Honors

Post by mattywizz Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:42 am

How do you even get a 3.98? Is that an A- in a 1 credit lab? That is quite impressive considering how much time all the athletes miss for class (actually, it is impressive regardless).
mattywizz
mattywizz
Playmaker
Playmaker

Number of posts : 1230
Registration date : 2007-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by eProf Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:17 am

mattywizz wrote:How do you even get a 3.98? Is that an A- in a 1 credit lab? That is quite impressive considering how much time all the athletes miss for class (actually, it is impressive regardless).

The site lists the academic requirements as pertaining to cumulative GPA, So I'm guessing that the 3.98 is her combined GPA over three semesters.

Straight A's except for an A- in a 1-credit course/lab would also put a person right about at 3.98 for a single semester.

Congrats, Jessica!
eProf
eProf
Pilot Nation Regular
Pilot Nation Regular

Number of posts : 301
Registration date : 2008-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by PurplePrideTrumpet Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Yes. An A- could do it. The closest I came to a 4.0 for a semester was the spring of freshman year, when I was a tenth of a percentage point from an A in my General Chemistry lab Pull Hair

Oh yes, I know the difference between A and A-...

(Side note for non-scientists: That's ONE credit for a THREE HOUR scheduled lab. Just the way it is.)
PurplePrideTrumpet
PurplePrideTrumpet
All-American
All-American

Number of posts : 2880
Registration date : 2007-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by DaTruRochin Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:18 pm

PurplePrideTrumpet wrote:
(Side note for non-scientists: That's ONE credit for a THREE HOUR scheduled lab. Just the way it is.)

I feel your pain on that.... By the end I only took the labs if I A) like the prof, B) got to dissect things or C) knew there was a field trip at some point in the semester... Why UP doesn't just make the lab and the class one 4 credit unit that all goes into the same hopper as far as points and whatnot go, I will never understand... But THAT is a rant for another subject...

The only 4.0 I ever got was on a summer session in Austria, and I got a 3.8 my last semester Sr. year.... And between Purple Pride and Stiegl, I most definitely did NOT slack in the extracurricular department... Go figure...
DaTruRochin
DaTruRochin
Administrator
Administrator

Number of posts : 3576
Registration date : 2007-05-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Auto Pilot Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah well I got an F in the same year I received all A's because I thought I had completed the paperwork to drop the class and didn't. There it sits to this day.
Auto Pilot
Auto Pilot
Starter
Starter

Number of posts : 864
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Back to top Go down